2009 - 2014 F-150

Ford OEM Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlueLiner21
Mike Up,

Where did they install TBC? In the dash or does it mount like a normal brake controller? I just picked up my 2011 Supercrew and will need to get the tow mirrors and a brake controller installed and I came across your post. On a side note I tow the exact camper except its a 2007. Thanks.
Here's where the install is, it's in place of the small storage bin in the center console, next to the steering wheel.

Here's how the dash display looks also.

I really love the 19BH Floorplan. I could had gone a bit bigger and still had been within all my ratings on the previous 2008 Sport Trac 4.6L V8 but there were none we liked as well as the 19BH. I just love how the sofa is in it's own area giving all kinds of room for legs and walking without being crowded. I don't have the overhead storage cabinet over the sofa like the 2009+ models do. I have a large mirror. It really opens up the floorplan and not having a cabinet over your head makes it more open and comfortable, at least for me.

The reason why we got this camper was because the sofa is long enough and wide enough for a couple of adults to sleep on and even the dinette makes a twin bed. The son has his bunk bed over our permanent double bed in the corner and if we expand our family we still will have plenty of comfortable sleeping with the sofa bed and dinette bed.

As much as I'd like to get a monster 30'+ trailer, I can't bring myself to consider it. This is camping and the best part is getting to sleep or stay in areas that can't be done in a house or cottage.

Having a large trailer would keep us from getting our favorite spots in the State and National parks. I'll admit, I miss the Starcraft Pop Up as I loved sleeping in the tent end, especially when we had it extended on the edge of a pond or lake. However at only 1 years old, the seams started leaking and inability of sealing it and keeping the water out made us turn to warranty. They replaced both bunkends but it would only be a matter of time before they started leaking as well. I think it was the hard aqualon material. Once it stretched, it kept a memory and wasn't very pliable at all. Since I camp in all weather and even get snow on the bunkend, the aqualon material didn't hold up. I did have a previous Rockwood and it never, ever, leaked. It had a pliable vinyl coating on the synthetic canvas that stretched and went back to it's original shape. The vinyl coating did cut and rip easily though.

I also tent camp and I have 2 new Eureka Tents so I can't wait for that!

Enjoy the camper, we sure do. Also visit RV.net and RVitch, both good forums but RVitch is by far the friendliest site on the web.

Last edited by Mike Up; 05-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. I am going to try my local dealer and see what kind of deal I can get and go from there on the TBC.
I traded in my one ton 7.3 PSD on this truck so I am interested in seeing how the new truck handles the camper. We had a 28' trailer before this one and I admit I miss the room but like the ability to camp anywhere I want with the smaller trailer. And it is really plenty big other than my 13 yr old son is too big for the bunk and now must sleep on the sofa. If he keeps growing he will be sleeping outside in a tent. Thanks again for the info and have a great week.

Old 05-04-2011, 01:48 AM
Originally Posted by BlueLiner21
And it is really plenty big other than my 13 yr old son is too big for the bunk and now must sleep on the sofa. If he keeps growing he will be sleeping outside in a tent. Thanks again for the info and have a great week.
Wow, our 12 year old is not a small kid and he still has a lot of room. I'm a bigger guy (6' , 230#) and have slept up there comfortably. BUT I know, kids like to sleep in the weirdest positions and if they can't do gymastics in their sleep, the bed is to small. Or if that's not the case, just tell him to remember how Ma and Pa like expensive houses and cars after he makes it big in the NFL.

My cousin has a Class C motorhome that is pretty old but with an uncle who's a carpet layer and a welder, they managed to make it pretty nice. They have the cab over queen, sofa bed and dinette bed, but my 17 and 13 year old smaller counsins, sleep in their tent. They usually have a full house with their mom and aunt on the sofa and dinette beds and them in the cab over bed.

I get gitty when I see some of these campers I could live in but I do miss the Pop Up and tent when I'm sleeping in the travel trailer (while in good weather and quiet neighbors ) since I really enjoy hearing nature and the outdoors feeling. Don't miss it in the heat, the rain, and noisy neighbors. I also like having the travel trailer for longer trips.

Good luck with the rig.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Smile Ford OEM Tow Mirrors

To answer your question I just purchased the following tow mirrors 7L3Z17682AE & 7L3Z17683AE from Tasca Parts they were 134.00 each my stock mirrors only had power no signal no heat, no puddle.. I also purchased a used A/C & Heater Climate Control with the heated mirror switch from ebay for 84.96. Installed switch and mirrors every option worked puddle, turn signal and heat..Didn't need to rewire or move any pins on wiring harness, everything was plug and play about 10 min each side... I have a 2010 Ford F150 XLT Screw..From what Tasca told me the auto dim option is not available on the Tow Mirrors so from what they said you will loose that option...Hope this helps

Last edited by ssgjones321; 05-19-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 AM
Mike Up, not sure if you have this feature, but does your truck come with power folding? If so, does it work with these towing mirrors? Let me know because I'm thinking about getting a pair but power folding is a nice feature to have.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by 07HarleyDavidsn
Mike Up, not sure if you have this feature, but does your truck come with power folding? If so, does it work with these towing mirrors? Let me know because I'm thinking about getting a pair but power folding is a nice feature to have.
My original mirrors were not power folding, however I don't think any of the OEM Tow mirror are folding.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Mike Up
My original mirrors were not power folding, however I don't think any of the OEM Tow mirror are folding.
Correct. None of the F150 tow mirrors are power folding. They power fold on the SuperDuty though. Maybe Ford will upgrade the F150 in 2012 so I can swap my manual fold for power fold.

Last edited by TX Chris; 07-29-2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Originally Posted by TX Chris
Correct. None of the F150 tow mirrors are power folding. They power fold on the SuperDuty though. Maybe Fird will upgrade the F150 in 2012 so I can swap my manual fold for power fold.
Man, SuperDuty owners are lucky. Having to fold or extend these mirrors manually is just pain in the butt. But I got a question, what if you bought those SuperDuty tow mirrors with power fold for F150 - would that work? I'm pretty curious about that.

Quick Reply: Ford OEM Tow Mirrors