2009 - 2014 F-150

pick my level kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hagan525
yes most definitely. Anything that helps would be great!
I'll try not to ***** out too many pics of the truck lol.

Factory wheels/tires with 1.5" AS kit that yielded 2".

18x9's with 295/70/18's

Originally Posted by BLUEforLIFE
grim reaper - your trucks looks great, how did you tint your heads/tails they look great. Did the 1.5 AS kit yield you 2" of lift. I was thinking 1.5 for my truck, but i want to run 305/55/20. did you have rub
Thanks, I just used niteshades. As far as rubbing, I had zero issues with the tire rubbing on or off road.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:24 AM
Nice looking truck my friend looks great with them rims and tires also perfect combo! thanks for the pics! Now do you have wheel spacers on there or is that just the rims? whats the offset?

Old 04-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by hagan525
Nice looking truck my friend looks great with them rims and tires also perfect combo! thanks for the pics! Now do you have wheel spacers on there or is that just the rims? whats the offset?
No wheel spacers, they have a +25mm offset.

They don't stick out very far so with the lift and going to a wider tire I'm either going to have to run a different wheel or spacers. I wouldn't run that offset with a 12.50 wide tire though, it may not clear the control arm.

Old 04-23-2011, 02:19 PM
alright cool. Now whats your opposition on the wheel spacers/ adapters? I know marshal has them on his truck and he likes them but, I'm on the fence about them still. I have been hearing there not safe.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am pretty sure Marsh got his spacers from here ------- http://wheeladapter.com/

They have info on their site pertaining to wheel spacer safety, and swear by theirs. Truth? Hype? Marketing strategy? Who truly knows? I'm sittin on the same fence...... different post. I'm too cheap to buy wheels, and I actually like the factory ones I got, but want a wider stance. This Fred Goeske character has a pretty good sell though, and I am yet to hear anyone complain about his products. Perhaps we should start a thread pertaining to his spacers alone? See if there are any horror stories.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Yeah the guy seems legit I've talked to him a few times the only thing im on the fence with is the price I can get the same ones or so it seems for 150 bucks less on ebay.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm no metallurgist, but I do know that aluminum these days comes in different grades, with all sorts of different addatives to make it stronger, or more malable for different purpopses. My concern with buying ones off ebay would be that they could easily be a cheap Chinese knock-off, and made out of the wrong base material. The last thing any of us needs is for the spacer to break while the truck is moving at hiway speeds. Losing a front wheel, or any wheel really, could easily result in serious injury, or death to you, your passengers, or even another motorist if that break away wheel smashes them at 80 miles an hour. Somehow, even the ones on that site just don't seem to have a whole lot of extra meat on them.

Perhaps someone around might have a better grasp on the elements melted into these and other spacer raw material, and shed a little more concrete light on the situation. I'd love to hear some better info.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I am still on the fence regarding a 2" AS spacer, or Bilstein's. My issue, is that I want to level my 2wd. I know TJALOHA did it to his FX2, but he said some of the 09+ might not have the capability, if they welded the spring perch or not.

I did bring it up to my service manager when I had my oil changed. He says they offer their own spacer and alignment for $450. Outrageously priced I know, but if it's still covered under warranty...

Quick Reply: pick my level kit