2009 - 2014 F-150

"Bullhide" lining...inside and out

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, pretty understanding dealer. Sounds similar to mine is some regards.

Truck looks good BTW. My only concern with the spray liner on the ext of of the truck is going to be colour fade. My LineX hasn't changed to too much, but my buddies rhino liner is almost grey on his 1500 chev.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Suspended
i know line-x has the xtra to prevent fading.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 PM
While the bed liner does look nice you should've had them do the bumpers at the same time. The truck looks confused right now. Between all the chrome, and then the sudden black it just looks kinda weird to me.

Other than that it's a nice looking truck.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
The directive he grabbed off his desk was a notice from FoMoCo that if any modifications to the intake or exhaust systems were noticed during servicing on an Ecoboost equipped truck, it would be grounds for voiding the vehicle's warranty. So it looks like on the issue of exhaust and intakes with the Ecoboost, the dealers have no options. Our conversation ended with him telling me that things will vary from dealership to dealership, and for him, much depends on the the attitude of the customer.....if a customer does something stupid (like over tuning) and is a butthead about it, then it's very likely that any warranty work would be denied. His final words were that it's always best to talk to your service manager, and ask before doing any mods.
As I've mentioned before on a few f150 forums.... that piece of paper is total BS and is a scare tactic from Ford.

There is no way Ford can legally void a warranty based on a modification UNLESS it has been PROVEN that the modification directly has caused said failure.

Example: If I put on exhaust on my Ecoboost and my power steering goes out Ford would have to honor the warranty repair on the power steering.

If they want to pull my warranty on the example above... See you in court Ford.

Secondly, most dealers want to do the warranty work because they get paid for doing the jobs. Dealers are the one's who would need to report the modification and void the warranty. Not going to happen especially with loyal customers of the dealership.

That dealer bulletin is as good as garbage as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Here's the final product...... today was the topper, grill guard, mudflaps, and bedrug....I'm done for now!

Down the road I anticipate a leveling kit, but I'm going to study them and try to figure out the best one(s) for the truck.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:53 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
If you black out the chrome... badass

Old 04-27-2011, 10:21 PM
NOPE! Chrome stays......I paid the extra money for it....and I like it.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good.

Side note, I graduated from CMR High School in 2003. I played for the Americans before the team folded.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Simple things really make this truck stand out. Both the black and chrome compliment each other nicely.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:04 AM
the bumper guard looks good

Old 04-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by EdCaffreyMS
NOPE! Chrome stays......I paid the extra money for it....and I like it.

Great looking Topper Ed. Did you have to order it or did some one in Montana have it in stock? Can you please tell me how much it was?
Thanks Greg

Old 04-29-2011, 03:58 AM
Just wondering why you did not follow the body lines of the truck but instead went lower ? Here is mine to show as to what im talking about.

Really like that you will step outside the norm and do what most of us would not do to a brand new truck but I really think it would have come together even better if you had followed the body lines.

If you ever grow tired of that chrome take a look at some of my threads and you can get a good idea of what to do with that chrome on the front end

Old 04-29-2011, 09:26 AM
Great looking Topper Ed. Did you have to order it or did some one in Montana have it in stock? Can you please tell me how much it was?
Thanks Greg
I ordered the topper through a local dealer. It's a Century "T" Class, with the "outdoorsman's package"....carpet interior, rod holders, lockable storage, clothes rack, and two lights. It took about 5 days from the day it was ordered for it to arrive. As long as you have the paint code for your truck, they will color match the topper at no extra charge. I called all around Montana checking on prices....they ranged from a high of $2,700 to what I paid through my local dealer ($1,800)

I really think it would have come together even better if you had followed the body lines.
That was my thought too. When I first visited the "Bullhide" dealer, that's what I told him I wanted (just like your rig).....he gave me a look and said...."not with that color". He went into the shop and brought out a "sheet" of the coating material and held it up on the side where I wanted it (that upper body line)...with the brown it was too much. He then held the sheet at the bottom body line, and it looked much better. He's been doing it for a lot of years, and I trust him, so I took his advice....that's how the lining ended up the way it is.
On your rig I think it looks awesome with the black/black....but with the brown on mine, it just didn't work.

Old 04-29-2011, 03:29 PM
Ed,
Looks good regaurdless, nice work.