2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 phone sync

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by projetmech
you know, the longer i have it the more i have to agree with you. when i first got it, it was a novelty. at first it was cool to yeal CLIMATE - TEMPERATURE - 72 DEGREES, then i realized that i could just press the button in a fraction of the time.

when the phone would stay synced, i tried making a call and it was dead. phone i was calling at home rang but when picked up not connection.

the nav voice commands might be worth something but i have not used it yet on a trip
What you're describing isn't "Sync". You're talking about voice recognition, which is something completely different. And I agree.... voice recognition does SUCK. Damn near worthless.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i thought that was all sync. what part is the sync part? just the phone?

Old 06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
We have the same problem with our 2011 6.7 Superduty, you get in and the phone pairs, then 2-3min later the phone disconnects. It is really annoying, but I have found that if you will just push the phone button on the steering wheel it will reconnect and usually stay connected. I am hoping its something that will be fixed in the next Sync update. BTW my phone is an HTC EVO.

Old 06-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Verizon gave me deal on a HTC ThunderBolt 4G. (And I retain my ulimited text, data and voice.)

I've been using my BB Storm and it's always worked great with Sync.

I've never upgraded Sync on my '10 XLT.

Went out a few minutes ago, bummed, knowing it wasn't gonna work without visiting 'Syncmyride' and developing a king sized head ache.

Anyhow, I messed with it for about 5 minutes, it downloaded my phone book, then Synced right up. Even set it as my primary phone.

Say what you want about Sync, but so far, all is well with mine.

I likey lots.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I have a 2011 F-150 and an HTC Hero phone. Everything worked great the first few months. I use a USB drive loaded with mp3's as my music source. When I get in the truck in the morning to go to work, the phone connects, music plays from USB, and all is good.

But in the evening driving home, SYNC begins an endless loop of connecting and disconnecting to my phone. I can even turn bluetooth off on my phone and it continues. What's really strange though is my music that is playing from USB drive continues updating the time (progress through the song) and equalizer on the screen, but there is no audio through the speakers. I can switch to radio or Sirius and it works, but the USB drive is muted.

Only way I can fix is to turn off the phone, pull over, turn off ignition and open door to kill the radio, start the truck and then turn on the phone.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Suspended
my sync has been messed up from day 1. occasionally have no power from the get go, if i shut the truck off and turn it back on it sometime fixes it. when i have no power i have no USB, no voice controls, etc. other times my usb won't stop initializing. phone re connected the first time after it got set up, hasn't reconnected since.

sync has alot left to be desired with it not working all the time, if it worked as it should it would be awesome but it pisses me off pretty well when its not.

truck has to go into the shop for about 3 or 4 warranty items anyways so i am just adding this to the list for them.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:54 AM
I'm really surprised with all these problems! I synced my phone at the dealer the day I bought it in feb. (dealer showed me how everything worked in a little class) Then I read the sync manual cover to cover. I haven't had any phone issues yet (palm pre, sprint) even with the wifi & bluetooth on at the same time. The one time I used an IPOD for a day, all the voice commands worked flawlessly. It even picked out metallica master of puppets on the first try. Has anybody checked out the online sync account to check your phones capabilites with the sync system? I know my phone can't do a whole heck of a lot (no reading texts to me or crazy things like that) but I'm getting an EVO 3D next friday and it should open up a few more features. I wonder if this system can be "reflashed" to solve some of these problems?

Quick Reply: 2011 phone sync