2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 phone sync

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2011 phone sync

anyone have problems with their phone disconnecting from the sync. i have the oem nav system and a blackberry 9630. synced them up ok and when i get in the truck it syncs on its own but then a couple minutes later in says phone disconnected. also tried it with an LG flip and it does the same. any ideas.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only have one CELL phone synced up and it does just great. i was wanting to add a couple more cell phones but hadnt got around to doing it yet... I understand if you have two or more things synced up it will ask which one you want use when you start it up...

Old 05-19-2011, 06:07 PM
there is the option to make a phone a primary one. i have that set on my blackberry. i loaded another phone just to see if that one if set as primary would disconnect like my black berry. what happens is that it connects and then disconnects for no apparent reason after a couple minutes.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I was told you could sync multiple phones on it... You could assign one as primary but if the wife got into my truck she would have to select her phone from the list.. I guess it wont do TWO at same time - only one...

I love the quality of the speaker - it really sounds good...

Old 05-19-2011, 10:18 PM
I found that if I stream music via BT it will disconnect the phone. So I found if I keep the user device on USB it stopped disconnecting the phone. If I want to use my phone I plug it in via the USB and it works great. I have an iPhone 4 for reference.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I have a 2010 with sync and have been through several different phones. Here is what I have experienced: Pantech phone wouldn't hardly work with sync, Motorola Milestone works like a dream with sync, Several other phones worked ok, some better than others. But none like the milestone has. I believe it is the type of phone you have. Some pair with sync better than others.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Interesting on different type phones. Mine is sync to a DROID-X and it works geat with my 2010 FX4 - I had trouble with making calls at first until I learned which button to push on the steering column to make calls.... Takes us OLD guys longer to catchup...

Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Here's what I've found with my HTC Incredible and many pissed off calls to verizon. If I shut off the wi-fi and keep bluetooth on it works perfectly, no more phone disconnected messages. If I have wi-fi and bluetooth on, the phone disconnects and tries to connect constantly.

The problem is with the phone and the signals for both. I believe the chips are too close to eachother and the signals get mixed, which is why some phones work and some don't.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Roy Braddy
Interesting on different type phones. Mine is sync to a DROID-X and it works geat with my 2010 FX4 - I had trouble with making calls at first until I learned which button to push on the steering column to make calls.... Takes us OLD guys longer to catchup...
Roy, I am asuming the Droid X is a motorola product. That's what I have noticed, the motorola products pair very well with sync. I have to upgrade my phone in July and plan on going with a Droid X2.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:42 AM
The DROID X is a motorola. I should have got the DROID X2 as at the time I could have got a second X2 free... I am on VERIZON.... like the new 2010 F150 I got, the DROID have way too many finger button for me to play with. I dont even know how to answer the dang thing - Used to you just lifted the lid - No lid on this one...

Old 05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by sandking
Here's what I've found with my HTC Incredible and many pissed off calls to verizon. If I shut off the wi-fi and keep bluetooth on it works perfectly, no more phone disconnected messages. If I have wi-fi and bluetooth on, the phone disconnects and tries to connect constantly.

The problem is with the phone and the signals for both. I believe the chips are too close to eachother and the signals get mixed, which is why some phones work and some don't.
This is pretty interesting, and I'm going to test this with my Samsung Vibrant which runs Android. I've never paid any attention as to whether WiFi is on when my phone suddenly disconnects. A lot of the time I have to toggle my bluetooth off/on before I can get my phone to sync back up. A PITA as this happens several times a week.

UPDATE: Only been 2 days, but so far this "fix" has kept my phone in sync.

Last edited by MarkY; 06-02-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:35 PM
i gave up on it. i will just talk the old school way, put it to my ear. maybe someday i will get the patience to figure it out or another phone.

Old 05-31-2011, 08:15 PM
I've had problems with this on my iPhone 4, i have to cycle my radio Bluetooth on and off about once a week and then it works fine

Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Sync Sucks. You'll discovered that yourself.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Real Sniper
Sync Sucks. You'll discovered that yourself.
you know, the longer i have it the more i have to agree with you. when i first got it, it was a novelty. at first it was cool to yeal CLIMATE - TEMPERATURE - 72 DEGREES, then i realized that i could just press the button in a fraction of the time.

when the phone would stay synced, i tried making a call and it was dead. phone i was calling at home rang but when picked up not connection.

the nav voice commands might be worth something but i have not used it yet on a trip

Quick Reply: 2011 phone sync