2009 - 2014 F-150

Sick of getting blinded by "H.I.D.'s"

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
Im thinking of putting a big set of HID off-road spot lights behind my grill, and everytime someone with HID's blinds me I'll flick on my HID lights and return the favour!
There was a guy who lived around me who had a lifted truck but never adjusted the headlights back to the correct focal point. He also had a crappy set of HID for headlights and fog lights which were also poorly adjusted. After passing this clown for three or four days in a row and being completely blinded I was getting really tired of it. The courtesy flash did nothing so I had to resort to more persuasive measures, my 3,000,000 candle power Q-Beam. The next time I saw the guy I gave him the quick flash which once again did nothing so I gave him a much brighter and more well aimed flash. I think he got the hint because I haven't been blinded by him since.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
Im thinking of putting a big set of HID off-road spot lights behind my grill, and everytime someone with HID's blinds me I'll flick on my HID lights and return the favour!
hahaha great idea.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by TwoBlocked
What exactly are you having done and do you mind disclosing the cost? Turnaround time? I did a Google search on them and went to their site and they do great work. Any particular reason you chose this company over others out there? Are there other companies?

Thanks in advance!
Having BiZeon projectors installed, cost is around 400~600+ depending on what you want. Got feed back from others who used them and he had a quick turn around when I emailed him.

Still waiting to get them back been six weeks so far and he said 6~10 weeks so I have a set of light I bought from eBay. I will put them back on when I get mine back. Will post links and pics when done. Only extra thing I am having done is the largest shroud I can get, and tinting them.

Last edited by jpetre; 05-19-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by Wookie
There was a guy who lived around me who had a lifted truck but never adjusted the headlights back to the correct focal point. He also had a crappy set of HID for headlights and fog lights which were also poorly adjusted. After passing this clown for three or four days in a row and being completely blinded I was getting really tired of it. The courtesy flash did nothing so I had to resort to more persuasive measures, my 3,000,000 candle power Q-Beam. The next time I saw the guy I gave him the quick flash which once again did nothing so I gave him a much brighter and more well aimed flash. I think he got the hint because I haven't been blinded by him since.
You rarely ever get flashed in return from someone with HID's as the cheap kit they purchased doesnt have high/low beam, its just one single brite A$$ beam!

Old 05-20-2011, 01:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Retrofit FTW.

Old 05-20-2011, 02:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I love giving ricers some of my retina burning power of 11,300 lumens

Old 05-20-2011, 02:33 AM
Id like to get proper projectors, but I have been unable to find a set of projectors that I like, I just find they all look SO ricey...

Old 05-20-2011, 02:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
When you see them every day up close they grow on you

All of my mods follow a simple rule:

Function > Form

Old 05-20-2011, 02:47 AM
wait can you explain to me how HIDs are illegal? i have hi and low beams and thats all you need to pass inspection in texas

Old 05-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
I love giving ricers some of my retina burning power of 11,300 lumens

Yeah, but what Kelvin rating is the colour? Those appear to be near 12000K, which is a violet colour. A higher Kelvin rating means an inverse amount of useable light. At 20000+K, you may be giving off a lot of light, but you better have Night Vision goggles on to see it.

Originally Posted by abervintageman4
wait can you explain to me how HIDs are illegal? i have hi and low beams and thats all you need to pass inspection in texas
FMVSS 107.1 (I think?). In Canada each Province has Vehicle Equipment Regulations. Problem is that the Police are generally too ignorant on the topic to reliably give a ticket for the offence. More than likely each State also has their own vehicle equipment regulations, though I'm not 100% on how your guys law system works.

Old 05-20-2011, 06:35 AM
Y'all must have a lot more sensitive eyes than me...... or else no one has retro fit HID's in between Tampa and Daytona Beach.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:55 AM
Originally Posted by jpetre
Having BiZeon projectors installed, cost is around 400~600+ depending on what you want. Got feed back from others who used them and he had a quick turn around when I emailed him.

Still waiting to get them back been six weeks so far and he said 6~10 weeks so I have a set of light I bought from eBay. I will put them back on when I get mine back. Will post links and pics when done. Only extra thing I am having done is the largest shroud I can get, and tinting them.
Thanks for the great info!

Old 05-20-2011, 08:28 AM
Some of you guys must not have any other problems in life to concern yourself with hid's in other people's vehicles.

They aren't going away. Myself being a Sheriff Deputy, I have bigger concerns than the occasional guy with hid's in factory housings.

Ill agree that it's irritating when someone hasn't adjusted their lights but I don't run to the forums to complain.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by 96grimreaper
Some of you guys must not have any other problems in life to concern yourself with hid's in other people's vehicles.

They aren't going away. Myself being a Sheriff Deputy, I have bigger concerns than the occasional guy with hid's in factory housings.

Ill agree that it's irritating when someone hasn't adjusted their lights but I don't run to the forums to complain.

When the headlights are not properly adjusted, do you take enforcement action?

Old 05-20-2011, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by 96grimreaper

That's what these forums are for...to express our opinions. You have the option to not read it. With that being said you could come to our walmart parking lot on any friday or Saturday night and write as many tickets as you wanted to for improper lighting and improper exhaust. It is more than annoying it is absolutely ridiculous and a hazard to other drivers. It is just as dangerous as anything that qualifies as wreckless driving.

Quick Reply: Sick of getting blinded by "H.I.D.'s"