2009 - 2014 F-150

Sick of getting blinded by "H.I.D.'s"

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BAMABLUEOVAL
That's what these forums are for...to express our opinions. You have the option to not read it. With that being said you could come to our walmart parking lot on any friday or Saturday night and write as many tickets as you wanted to for improper lighting and improper exhaust. It is more than annoying it is absolutely ridiculous and a hazard to other drivers. It is just as dangerous as anything that qualifies as wreckless driving.
I agree, I guess I'm just adding my 2 cents. As far as writing tickets in wal mart, that's a no go since it's private property. However I do get your point. I didn't mean to start a pissing contest but hid ***** are getting old.

Yes, I do stop those that fail to dim their brights. Even retrofitted or factory hid's appear blinding sometimes. Keep in mind unless there is a specific statute you can't write a ticket. Our jurisdiction does not have one.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Improper headlights that are not white or yellow in color, properly aimed, and have the right cutoff is right up there with no seat belt, wreckless drving, no turn signal and not stopping at red when it comes to dangerous driving. Improper lighting should definitely be enforced more strictly.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by brazzeal15
Improper headlights that are not white or yellow in color, properly aimed, and have the right cutoff is right up there with no seat belt, wreckless drving, no turn signal and not stopping at red when it comes to dangerous driving. Improper lighting should definitely be enforced more strictly.
If you add the color issue then some factory hid's are illegal. Most states say the lights must emit a white or yellow light. Meaning while looking at the light it can't appear blue. If you guys are passionate about it, write your congress. Not talking crap, just a suggestion.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:02 AM
here in KY there is no law that goes against retrofit HIDs, and to my knowledge there is nothing the police can do about it. KY does not require DOT approved equipment on vehicles. my point being is that nothing will ever change around here. vehicles dont even get inspected or emissions tested.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You'd think that by now the aftermarket would capitalize and make replacement headlights that look OE, but are made for HID bulbs.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by EsJayEs
You'd think that by now the aftermarket would capitalize and make replacement headlights that look OE, but are made for HID bulbs.
exactly, but you dont even need a projector for HID's. reflectors arnt as efficent as the projectors but a reflector designed for a HID can have just as good a cut off if its specifically designed

BajaDesigns
LightForce
VisionX
Osram-Sylvania

just a few, but none of their offroad HID lights use projectors. just saying

but yes - i wish someone would design and sell a quality OE replacement projector housing that looked decent.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:28 AM
BTW for those who have problems seeing in low light or are sensitive to bright lights , these can be symtoms of a vitamin A deficiency. This has been known for a long time ! Fighter pilots in WWII took vitamin A for better night vision.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Well i have a set of 6000K HID's in my stock housing heads and fogs. i paid 200 for both pair and i will not remove them. i see so much more than with the dinky stock headlights. as for people flashing me they do it all the time and i have a nice high beam just for them. to the guy with the q beam, what a idiot, that will for sure cause blindness and someone to wreck. I hope you fill real good about your self when u cause an accident and kill someone

Old 05-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Griff D
Well i have a set of 6000K HID's in my stock housing heads and fogs. i paid 200 for both pair and i will not remove them. i see so much more than with the dinky stock headlights. as for people flashing me they do it all the time and i have a nice high beam just for them.
So it's not your fault that you're blinding oncoming traffic?

Old 05-20-2011, 02:45 PM
as for people flashing me they do it all the time and i have a nice high beam just for them.
So it's ok for you to blind oncoming traffic, but no one else?

What makes you so special?

Old 05-20-2011, 03:03 PM
I have put HIDs in my 04 but atleast I was nice enough to correctly aim my headlights. I agree some peoples lights are terrible and need ticketed but when adjusted right I can see better and very rarely get flashed. Also local law enforcement has not given me any problems except bitching when pulling up to talk to them.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Well i have a set of 6000K HID's in my stock housing heads and fogs. i paid 200 for both pair and i will not remove them. i see so much more than with the dinky stock headlights. as for people flashing me they do it all the time and i have a nice high beam just for them. to the guy with the q beam, what a idiot, that will for sure cause blindness and someone to wreck. I hope you fill real good about your self when u cause an accident and kill someone
Its no different then your 4 improper HID bulbs. In rain at night time, those HIDs cause ridiculous glare. I get blinded all the time by folks like you...its very hard to see with all that refracted light and at that high of a luminous output. And I'm in a lifted truck, I cant imagine what its like for people in much smaller cars driving towards your wall of light.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 PM
it's not that bad look away dont stare at the light lol.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:58 PM
I see these hid's every night on all different vehicles. I don't see what the big fuss is. they don't bother me unless aimed to high.

Old 05-20-2011, 07:47 PM
This is Probably the most idiotic comment I have read in awile, your just as bad with your quad HID setup. If someone like you were to blind my wife and baby girl and cause her to run off the road, the least of your worries would be the cops ticketing you!

Quick Reply: Sick of getting blinded by "H.I.D.'s"