2009 - 2014 F-150

Sick of getting blinded by "H.I.D.'s"

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121

its true its cost effective, but its not made for it and it blinds people. especially people in cars.

oh well. your not suppose to look into oncoming headlights anyways.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by iHellFire
oh well. your not suppose to look into oncoming headlights anyways.
On a two lane road, meeting a vehicle, it is impossible to look down your lane without the oncoming lights being in your eyes. Plus, you should always keep an eye on any vehicle you meet, just defensive driving.

Your attitude, along with a few others, is very disturbing. Saftey for others should play a part in your driving habits and apparently, it does not. If you think about it, the concept of safety with lights is really no different than driving while intoxicated. You should be concerned about what you are doing to other people on the road.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by sharper4
All this back and forth bantering but I'm wondering if there a "best of" list that the community can agree on. If one of us is looking for HIDs, where should we start our look for the best quality without light scatter. How about a comparison table?
Read >>>https://www.f150online.com/forums/il...ns-v-hids.html

Originally Posted by Bluejay
On a two lane road, meeting a vehicle, it is impossible to look down your lane without the oncoming lights being in your eyes. Plus, you should always keep an eye on any vehicle you meet, just defensive driving.

Your attitude, along with a few others, is very disturbing. Saftey for others should play a part in your driving habits and apparently, it does not. If you think about it, the concept of safety with lights is really no different than driving while intoxicated. You should be concerned about what you are doing to other people on the road.
Well put, Jim

Old 05-23-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Raptor, I just looked at your link and that is an EXCELLENT write up on automotive lighting!

Old 05-23-2011, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by seadragon
Raptor, I just looked at your link and that is an EXCELLENT write up on automotive lighting!
thanks

Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Well i just took defensive driving and it says if an oncoming vehicle's headlights are too bright then you focus your eyes on the outside stripe of the road instead of complaining on the internet

Last edited by 97isnotold; 05-23-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
Why did you start if You knew it was going to be beatings a dead horse?

Raptor - you are wrong stating halogens are better than pNp hids. 4300-6000k hids give out twice the light as stock yellow bulbs. You never answered my question on when hids become 'rice' I would say 10,000k+ is rice, or the purple, pink, green ones. But 5000 or 6000? Looks factory to me...
I started the thread mostly because I worked 4 night shifts in a row and I was extremely bored, and I didnt figure it would keep going this long but there is always someone with a smart A$$ excuse for having $50 riced out dangerous HID's!

Old 05-23-2011, 08:39 PM
they were actually $45 with shipping

Old 05-23-2011, 08:46 PM

Old 05-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay

My lights make sure I can see and be seen. I can guarantee nobody will ever say 'I didn't see him' if they hit me.

You should explain how bright lights cause decreased motor function, spatial awareness, and reaction times, like alcohol does. As someone who lost a friend as a victim to drunk driving I find your fake correlation appalling. Show me 1 police report where the cause was determined to be bright lights...

Old 05-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My lights make sure I can see and be seen. I can guarantee nobody will ever say 'I didn't see him' if they hit me.

You should explain how bright lights cause decreased motor function, spatial awareness, and reaction times, like alcohol does. As someone who lost a friend as a victim to drunk driving I find your fake correlation appalling. Show me 1 police report where the cause was determined to be bright lights...
The people being blinded by HID's in halogen housings will surely show signs of affected motor function, lacked spatial awareness, and slow reaction times. Heck, you HID guys responses show those signs.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
The people being blinded by HID's in halogen housings will surely show signs of affected motor function, lacked spatial awareness, and slow reaction times. Heck, you HID guys responses show those signs.
YeeeeHAWWWW

Old 05-23-2011, 09:46 PM

My lights make sure I can see
Define "see" for me. You can see with halogens, cant you?

and be seen.
True, to an extent. The law limits how much light can be emitted from a vehicles headlights. Not only do HIDs exceed this limit (yes some of you smart people will also realize my lights are just as illegal as yours) BUT the angle at which they shine. HIDs reside in the focal centerpoint of the headlamp. On a halogen bulb this position is reserved for the high beam filament. The low beam filament is offset radially and axially to get an angled beam to avoid glare. So not only are you guys putting out more light, you're driving around with permanent high beams on 24/7.

I can guarantee nobody will ever say 'I didn't see him' if they hit me.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc. So if someone hits you with OEM halogens, they are automatically going to claim they didn't see you?

To my knowledge, police records aren't readily accessible on the internet. But you should look up the "Mothball Effect."

tl;dr- people unknowingly drift towards blue lights at night (this is why FHP no longer runs blue in the rear, now amber and red).

I also have links to two studies here and here that verify blue lights not only cause increased amounts of glare (and keep in mind these were stock for stock, IE the only difference was color, the beam spread and intensity were the same) but also limiting eyesight and rod fluctuations at night.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

You missed the point entirely. I was saying that when you take an attitude of not caring if you blind oncoming drivers is similar to getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. Not caring about your fellow man.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 PM
...true ^

Quick Reply: Sick of getting blinded by "H.I.D.'s"