2009 - 2014 F-150

Weirdness coming to and accelerating to/from a stop

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ford norseman
So to be clear, a TSB is a stated fix for a common problem. Manufacturers typically will not turn a TSB into a warranty recall unless there is a safety issue, ie wheels falling off, truck exploding, airbag going off randomly, etc.

Correct.

Like the common spark plug issues....They have a TSB.

The 6 spd trans re-program...TSB...Not a recall..

You gotta ask....

Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 AM
the vid is cool! but it never really goes away. had the TBS done in one week its back then the dealer replaced the mecrtronics body (spelling). hell lets face it ford cant get this 6 speed / drive line in tune! but all i hear is its all with in specks! well ford can speck this thats not my thumb but over to fingers

Old 08-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by glc
You can't tar and feather all of them with that statement. I'd bet that a majority of them aren't like that at all.
The one dealer in FL, one in KY and three in OH I dealt with have pretty much been the same. I ask one guy about a TSB and he wouldn't even look into to saying "there are thousands out there".

Anyway... had my tranny looked at three different times from three different dealers they all "updated" my transmission software which never really seemed to fix it. My "clunk" went finally away for about 20K and just came back. I just hit 40K (2009 FX4 Screw) so we will see what happens.

Quick Reply: Weirdness coming to and accelerating to/from a stop