2009 - 2014 F-150

2009 F150 Compustar Remote Start Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 F150 Compustar Remote Start Problem

Hi all,

I just had a Compustar remote starter installed on my 2009 F150 (5.4 l). The remote works fine but now I encounter the following problem. About half of the time, I get out of the truck and lock it with the Compustar remote, return to the truck and unlock it with the Computar remote, get in the truck and the key will not start it. All of the idiot lights go on, but no start. I have to remove the key, start it with the remote and then insert the key and turn the ignition on.

I asked the installer about it this morning and he said that it may be the "chip" in the key going bad. I don't know enough about the key setup to say one way or the other, but it seems to me that the key would either be good or bad. This only seems to be a problem half the time and the key seems to work just fine if the truck hasn't been locked.

Before I go down the path of locking and unlocking with various combinations of keys, Computar remotes, factory remotes, etc., does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance.

Neal

Old 12-19-2011, 03:07 AM
remote start

Hi Neal
I was googling this very problem when i saw your delema.
I have a 2007 ranger with no power options.I had a compustar oneway remote put on my truck with the accuators for the door lock feature.Everything was good for about 6 months then the key everyonce in awhile wouldn't start the truck but the remote would.I talked to ford they said it was the remote.The installer said it was the chip in the key.
I have four keys and not one would start the truck.This just kept getting worse the longer it went on.One day when it was 25 to 30 below it failed to start with the remote and the keys.
The installer then took the unit out of out of the truck and for one month the truck started every time with the keys.They then put a brand new unit in the truck and evrything has been good up to now.If the truck sits for a full day and not used then my key will not start the truck but my remote will.Now I am trying all four keys to see if the starter is the problem.This is starting to get very annoying.
Don't know if this is your answer.Let me know if this helps at all. I wonder if the remote is affecting the security feature of the truck which in turn affects the chip in the key.
Glenn

Old 12-19-2011, 08:02 PM
We had a similar issue with a Viper 5901 on my wife's 09 Explorer. It came down to a bad install. They said it was a conflict with the XK-05 PATS box. They said they installed a new Viper module and flashed it with the latest updates from DEI. It has worked ever since. They need to get the PATS system right. Now DEI uses the PK-ALL ExpressKit which seems to take care of all chip key systems. However they have their PATS box tied in it is keeping the vehicle from seeing the signal from the receiver in the ignition when you use the key.

Last edited by L8 APEX; 12-19-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 Compustar Remote Start Problem