2009 - 2014 F-150

More issues with the truck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! I'm glad the dealership finally did the "right" thing with this...

Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by Augster
Congrats! I'm glad the dealership finally did the "right" thing with this...
Thanks, but its was never a dealership issue but rather a corporate and manufacturing issue.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Nice!! Glad to hear you're going in the right direction finally

Old 08-01-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by DjG
Thanks, but its was never a dealership issue but rather a corporate and manufacturing issue.
The dealer could have been pro-active and taken the truck back themselves and offered a new truck, then deal with Ford on the "back end" to get corporate to eat the loss and repairs.

Instead, they'd rather wait for "corporate" to "step-up" to ensure they wouldn't lose anything.

Just my 2p, but it all worked out in the end

Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Im so happy every thing worked out. Reading about this made me angry

Old 08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
DjG
Originally Posted by speedfourfan
Im so happy every thing worked out. Reading about this made me angry
Thank you. I spoke with a lady that's handling my case today and she is send me an information packet along with paper work for me. She also is sending my dealership paper work they will need to fill out when I go to select my new truck. So hopefully next week ill be in or atleast have ordered my new truck.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DjG, has anyone confirmed with you that they are supplying an exact matching truck, but in a 2011, FOR FREE? Are there taxes involved? Did they give you a credit for your original purchase price? What have they told you that you are entitled to? I get a sneaking feeling that there is a catch.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DjG
Yeah I know, it rained a few times but then its been 90 plus for awhile so I know the exterior is gonna be destroyed. Also the rotors are probably pitted by now, also probably flat spots on the tires from sitting. Not to sure how the engine will fair for sitting that long not being started.
Oh stop exaggerating. The exterior is going to be destroyed? Really? LOL and pitted rotors? Do you guys really have that much acid rain? You realize that cars sit on dealer lots for up to 8-16 months before moving? And flat spots on the tires? Are they FLAT? I'm not even going to say anything on that last one.

Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 AM
^ yeah, but dealers consistently start them up and drive them or move them. They have check off list to make sure it's done. It's to keep the batterys charged, and trucks in good running order for sale. His truck qwas just rotting away with no care in the world. I guarantee you nobody fired it up or moved it.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:24 AM
DjG
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
DjG, has anyone confirmed with you that they are supplying an exact matching truck, but in a 2011, FOR FREE? Are there taxes involved? Did they give you a credit for your original purchase price? What have they told you that you are entitled to? I get a sneaking feeling that there is a catch.
The law states in Michigan that I'm entitled to a full refund of my money minus usage and or a new vehicle which is comparable to my current vehicle. I have also spoken with a lemon law attorney and he has assured me that it will be a brand new 2011 truck off the lot with every option I have and if I wanted I could pay the difference and get an upgraded truck.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:32 AM
DjG
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
Oh stop exaggerating. The exterior is going to be destroyed? Really? LOL and pitted rotors? Do you guys really have that much acid rain? You realize that cars sit on dealer lots for up to 8-16 months before moving? And flat spots on the tires? Are they FLAT? I'm not even going to say anything on that last one.

Lol let your truck sit outside for 60 plus days in rain and 90 plus temps without being started or washed. Trust me the rain spots alone will kill you, as they would have baked in. Also dealers as stated before constantly start, move and wash the vehicles on their lot. My vehicle hasn't been started or moved in 60 plus days. When it comes to the tires I'm not sure if their would be flat spots or not but it was a concern of mine as it would if it was your truck. Rotors here in Michigan will surface rust in 12 hours and will pit in one months time, trust me I have seen it plenty of times.
P.S. Put your self in my shoes and see if you wouldn't have those concerns.

Old 08-04-2011, 07:57 AM
Well. Congrats on the win. I took ford to arbitration here in Canada with my old 99 SVT. I won a buy back after a year of fughting but ford didn't even try to help me initially. Good to see they stepped up, albeit it took em long enough. Get the EB!!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:02 PM
DjG
Well I put my order in today for a black 2011 FX4 SuperCab with the Ecoboost engine. It should be in next week sometime.

Old 08-08-2011, 06:04 PM
DjG
Truck is in but dealership is installing remote start and also having the bed sprayed with Line-x ill be sure to post some picks when I finally get it. Then its off to the tint shop for limo tint, paint protection film on front and possibly remove FX4 and ecoboost badges.

Quick Reply: More issues with the truck.