2009 - 2014 F-150

More issues with the truck.

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 03:25 PM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More issues with the truck.

So the truck is going in tmrw because of 3 things one of which is a minor recall. The other 2 issues are a horrible popping when lowering or raising tailgate, sounds like something is binding inside the tailgate. The other issue which is what I'm most worried about is an oil leak up front which seems to be coming from a black high pressure hose. This hose runs from the filter area to the opposite side of the engine.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Without the year or the configuration of your truck, what is the point of your sharing?

Old 06-01-2011, 06:11 PM
DjG
Originally Posted by Eric Landstrom
Without the year or the configuration of your truck, what is the point of your sharing?
The point of sharing was to let my fellow 2009-2011 f150 owners know of my issues, and I will be updating the thread with more information on what the issues turned out to be as that information becomes available. Also if you look at the upper right hand corner of every post there is a little info regarding truck year, but to make it more clear for you its a 2009 xlt with the 4.6L 3v.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:13 PM
DjG
A little update for you guys the dealership said the oil was from the oil change (wrong) and they could not verify the popping noise from the tailgate (wrong). So I picked up the truck Friday, today the oil leak got really bad, it is from the high pressure power steering line. It started gushing oil while I was driving, also the tailgate is still popping. The truck was towed into the dealership. I cant wait to hear what they have to say now.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by DjG
I cant wait to hear what they have to say now.
hopefully hello, after all it would be rude to not greet a returning customer.

Old 06-08-2011, 09:08 AM
DjG
So just got the word back on the truck, like I said the oil leak up front is from the high-pressure power steering line, its being replaced. The popping noise from the tailgate is because of the tailgate lift assist rod, it also is being replaced. The dealership said they where very sorry for not correctly diagnosing my truck the first time around and will be looking into the matter. In the end I'm happy the said they where sorry and my truck is getting fixed so thats all I need and want.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Hopefully that fixes it. Good luck to ya

Old 06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
It's unfortunate that most dealer's specialize in selling vehicles not repairing them!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by DjG
So just got the word back on the truck, like I said the oil leak up front is from the high-pressure power steering line, its being replaced. The popping noise from the tailgate is because of the tailgate lift assist rod, it also is being replaced. The dealership said they where very sorry for not correctly diagnosing my truck the first time around and will be looking into the matter. In the end I'm happy the said they where sorry and my truck is getting fixed so thats all I need and want.
At least the aplogized the dealership i am dealing with is taking no blame an is not owning up to anything they've done! u should feel lucky

Old 06-08-2011, 03:38 PM
DjG
Just got an update power steering line is on back order and they don't know when it will be available, looks like ill be stopping up to the dealership tmrw to get a rental.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:09 PM
DjG
Another update, dealership does not know when they will be able to get that power steering line. My truck has been at the shop for over a week now, the dealership said they are just waiting on Ford to get back to them about when the line will be available. This is getting a little crazy, I cant believe ford can run an assembly line and build these trucks day in and day out, yet cant get this part to the local dealership so my truck isnt down for so long.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by DjG
Another update, dealership does not know when they will be able to get that power steering line. My truck has been at the shop for over a week now, the dealership said they are just waiting on Ford to get back to them about when the line will be available. This is getting a little crazy, I cant believe ford can run an assembly line and build these trucks day in and day out, yet cant get this part to the local dealership so my truck isnt down for so long.
I had the same thing happen on my 09, but it was a transmission part. No one in the entire US had one. Waited almost two weeks for the manufacturer to make it. It's very frustrating.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:11 PM
These tailgates have lift assist options? Mine just has two conventional cables.... hmmm.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 99and04f150
These tailgates have lift assist options? Mine just has two conventional cables.... hmmm.
Yes, it has an assist rod inside the gate. You may or may not notice that the gate feels light, almost as if it is made of aluminum when you close it. You cannot see the rod without removing the tailgate panel. I had the clicking noise, booked it for repair as my dealer thought it was just the bushing that retains the rod. Once they got it apart, they found that the rod itself was the problem, and had to "borrow" the parts from another dealer.

See https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...gate-snap.html

Last edited by canadianelbow; 06-13-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Lean manufacturing would be why the repair parts are not available.

Quick Reply: More issues with the truck.