2009 - 2014 F-150

Leaking 2010

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking 2010

Sorry if this is a repost but have a big problem with my 2010 found the carpet to be wet and smelling of mold,so far they have re sealed sat antenna replaced 3rd brake light seal also a new carpet,underlay,rear noise barrier underlay and going back Thursday for a new head liner...Hope they have found the leak as I don't want to go through this again.Any of you who have this issue get in and have ford fix they have been helpful so far just hope they can get the mildew smell out.

Old 06-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Reading other forums this seems to be fairly common.If left un fixed this is the result..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mdjPLw-X0M

Old 06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
So no one else has this problem or is there another thread that talks about this issue.?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Water leaks can be an awful thing to diagnose, Your dealer has already addressed the two most common causes. The best way to find it is to pull the interior trim, and the carpet, and start soaking down the vehicle, starting low, and working your way up until something leaks. Sometimes where it comes out, is quite a way from where it enters after traveling through channels and valleys. All you can do at this point is hope you had one of the main points of entry as your problem. It could be the seam sealer in the roof, the rear window, windshield, door seals, ect......

That said, ask them to do a water leak test while they have the headliner out. No better time.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:04 PM
dam i have the same white crap on the edge of my carpet..... i always thought it was from salt ,im going to have to bring it in

Old 06-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
You have not mentioned which area the leak is or where the mold is.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by 78Vette
You have not mentioned which area the leak is or where the mold is.
Did ya watch the video dude? Its in the drivers doorway, and under the drivers mat, close to the outer edge. Where it leaks in, and where it may accumulate can be very different things with many variables.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Did ya watch the video dude? Its in the drivers doorway, and under the drivers mat, close to the outer edge. Where it leaks in, and where it may accumulate can be very different things with many variables.
Seen it, done it. It's salt plain and simple. Not MOLD. It in no way resembles any mold and does resemble hardened salt from winter snow. Wipes right off just as salt would. Salt disolves in snow water, drys and water is gone, salt is the residue. Wipes right off.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Hey DUDE....no, i didn't watch the video.
Some people live in the country and are stuck with dialup.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:26 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by Mike Up
Seen it, done it. It's salt plain and simple. Not MOLD. It in no way resembles any mold and does resemble hardened salt from winter snow. Wipes right off just as salt would. Salt disolves in snow water, drys and water is gone, salt is the residue. Wipes right off.
Could very well be the case... had some in mine too last winter

Old 06-13-2011, 11:06 AM
Mine showed no signs of mold that is a extreme case the water was leaking around the sat antenna and the 3rd brake light it was travelling on top have the head liner and dumping out at the back window area.My first clue was a musty smell then after feeling around discovered the carpet to be wet.If you Google leaking f150 you will find several other forums with a large group of members who have the same issue.My dealer was not surprised and had fixed many thus far.Now after completely removing my interior,rug,head liner all the trim they say it is fixed My truck has many scratches in the paint grease on the seats also on the new carpet and head liner the plastic trim is also loose and scratched in places.This is what they consider a job well done seems like I only got a bunch of problems to fix a problem.Others have also found the leak to be from sun roof around doors through the fire wall rubber grommets and wind shield.All I can say is keep a eye and nose out for it and get it in under warranty as it would have cost a small fortune to have the work done out of pocket..

Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Bump for any one with the issue so far so good since having work done..

Old 06-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Originally Posted by OUTINFRONT
So no one else has this problem or is there another thread that talks about this issue.?
I had the same issue with my 2010 Screw. However it was fixed the first time. The dealer replaced the 3rd brake light with the upgraded one and they replaced the headliner even though there was no mold or damage to the interior. They also pulled up the TSB for the water leak under the satellite antena and put a new seal for that.

I think I caught it early enough before any damage occured (thanks to this forum). I saw a thread one here about the leaks so I went out into the rain and looked in my window and sure enough I had water on my back seats. The same day I took it to the dealer and they took photos and sent it up to Ford. The dealer did a great job fixing it the first time, had no issues since. I hope they find your problem soon.

Old 10-20-2011, 12:11 PM

Quick Reply: Leaking 2010