2009 - 2014 F-150

Pop & Lock Connection Wire Colors?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found wires for door locks on my 2011 Scab. Wires were located on both driver and passenger kick panels.

Blue/green- unlock

Grey/brown-lock

There were two blue/green wires. I would suggest going through the passenger side firewall or rubber plug in the rocker panel. The grommet on the drivers side firewall was hard to run two cables plus sheilding through.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 PM
I have a 2012 F150 supercrew with keypad and rear camera. When i connected the servo mechanism to the Lt Blue w/ Green stripe and Lt Gray w/ Brown stripe the vehicles locks continually unlock or lock. Nothing happens with the servo. I get the exact same result if I simply connect the two wires straight together (without the servo). I did test the servo on the battery - it works fine. Not sure why the vehicle reacts as if it is being shorted when connected- any ideas would be helpful!

I tested in the passenger and driver side - same result. The passenger side had numerous gray/brown wires - again, same result. Not sure if something is wrong with my servo?? how would i test?

Last edited by DangerJoe; 05-07-2012 at 10:24 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm trying to install a Pace Edwards PowerGate LK370, and I've get everything seemingly connected correctly except only the Lock works. The actuator works b/c if I switch the wires it will unlock the tailgate when I hit the lock button on the remote.

Unlock does not work. I tried both of the 2 (dark) blue/green wires in the bundle on driver side under the door sill.

My vehicle is a 2012 F-150 FX2 with every electronic device you can imagine. (power everything, sunroof, nav, heated/cooled seats, back up camera, etc.)

EDIT: fixed it -

Note: I tapped the wires under the driver side door sill where there are A LOT of wires.

See image:

There were 3 blue wires w/ green stripes.

2 of them were the same darker blue with green stripe.

My suggestion is to find the light grey with brown stripe first.

Then look for a medium blue wire w/green stripe that is the same thickness/ gauge. The other 2 blue/green were slightly thinner. One of them seemed to interfere with the operating of the powerfold mirrors when it was connected to the powergate. And the other one seemed to trigger the doors to lock on first connection of the power gate wire. So those could also be give aways.

The directions are HORRIBLE. One page of all text with one sketch that barely shows anything. They need to create a supplemental guide that can be viewed online and/or printed at home via color .pdf file.

Last edited by FX2-Chris6; 09-12-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I used a "wire snake" a ran through the tailgate from the lock to the hole the by the bed grommet, it did take several tries...be patient. Then I used the same snake to run the wires through the frame to the from of the truck, worked like a dream. Before acquiring the snake I tried in vain for 45 minutes...

Old 12-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Just completed installing a Pop&Lock for the tailgate (PL8250) and a Leer topper (PL9772) on a 2014 F150 SuperCab. I wanted to use
the passenger door lock so I routed the wires up the pass side, through the rubber body grommet mentioned above just rear of the pass
fuse panel. I removed the door panel and referred to a wiring diagram from the 'BBB Industries' website to get the right wires. It still was
the berries. My colors were violet/grey and grey/brown. (There were two grey/brown wires and of course I connect to the wrong one first!)
All OK now. <Phew!> dp

Quick Reply: Pop & Lock Connection Wire Colors?