2009 - 2014 F-150

Seek Wisconsin Ford Dealer that installs Lifts

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Seek Wisconsin Ford Dealer that installs Lifts

Time to upgrade to a new truck after 11 years... (I added all the mod to the the one pictured below... now I just want to buy it... ya.. I know.. the easy way out. but I just don't have the time to add mods) and the truck shown below will be for sale in Sept 2011.

I am looking for Wisconsin or Illinios Ford Dealer that will customize my new truck from me when I order it. I am looking for something like this:
http://www.f150sale.com/f150-fx6.html

Unfortunately, the link above is to a dealer in Canada. The dealer was real informative. I would buy from them if I could.

I am looking for a WI/IL Ford dealer that will add the customizations so to not void the warranty..

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm not sure you are going to find a dealer that will be able to order a truck like that one with all the mods on it. from the looks of it, alls that truck has that you posted was a lift kit, fender flares, wheels and tires and an exhaust. I know of a place in wisconsin that does a great job installing lifts if you are interested. and for 8 grand for that kit, I think that seems a little high. you could probebly have it done for cheaper.

Old 06-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Most dealers are likely to have a shop that they deal with for customizations. The two dealers I've worked with in the Twin Cities both have different shops that they use. Have you checked with your local dealer and they said they wouldn't? I had my lift installed by a local shop and they mentioned that the local dealer often sends them work when the buyer wants to finance everything together.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by tjk-SuperCrew
Time to upgrade to a new truck after 11 years... (I added all the mod to the the one pictured below... now I just want to buy it... ya.. I know.. the easy way out. but I just don't have the time to add mods) and the truck shown below will be for sale in Sept 2011.

I am looking for Wisconsin or Illinios Ford Dealer that will customize my new truck from me when I order it. I am looking for something like this:
http://www.f150sale.com/f150-fx6.html

Unfortunately, the link above is to a dealer in Canada. The dealer was real informative. I would buy from them if I could.

I am looking for a WI/IL Ford dealer that will add the customizations so to not void the warranty..

Thanks in advance.
Tom
Understand that your warrantly is between you and FoMoCo. The dealer is just an agent in the process, and does not have the authority to change it. Ford's warranty covers the truck as it left the factory. It does not cover aftermarket parts, or failures of OEM parts caused by modifications.

I'm sure someone will post up about the Magnusson Moss Warranty Act. Yes, it protects the consumer from a manufacturer denying you warranty coverage because of a modification. But it's about as useful as a poo flavored lolipop because the winning party in any litigation still has to pay his or her own legal bills. It does not make any sense to pay a lawyer $10,000 to win $1,000 in court.

A dealer has to walk a fine line between keeping you, the customer happy, and performing their fiduciary duty to Ford. There are dealers who will not blink an eye at replacing a transmission under warranty on a truck rolling on 38" tires. Then there are dealers who would deny it if you had an air freshner hanging from the rearview mirror.

My advice hinges on how much you take your truck out of town. If you have a good relationship with YOUR dealer, you can get most things covered at that dealership. But the minute you take that truck into another dealer, you're taking your chances that they won't red-tag your warranty. In that case, even your own dealer can't help you. I had that happen to me.

Quick Reply: Seek Wisconsin Ford Dealer that installs Lifts