2009 - 2014 F-150

Spray-on bedliner....which is best for quality and value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 07:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ibcop
Yeah, not good at all. I take it only one dealer near you?
There's a few in the area, but I only checked with the one in my city. Perhaps I'll check with the others. I can wash and scuff the bed myself. Scuff pads are cheap and quick. My big thing is I don't want a Line-X knock-off, I want the real thing. I don't like the Rhino liner. They look like the cheap roll-on stuff and the texture is somewhat smooth. Line-Ex has a very rough texture and was impressively durable in my father's Ranger. I'm not concerned with fading, it's a truck bed.

Last edited by EsJayEs; 06-10-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MurphM
i went and got a price for the scorpion liner. They want 425 to do it, and they guarantee the color wont fade for the life of the truck. I have never got a truck lined, but it is too much for what I need. I am going to talk to the line-x guy tomorrow. The salesman was telling me they have to scuff the bed up before they spray the liner. How do they scuff it? Sandblaster or by hand? Do they have to scuff it when they do Line-X or only with the scorpion type liner?
Yeah, they sand the bed down before they spray. You certainly don't want to watch, especially if you have a new truck. You'll have the pucker factor!

Old 06-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by EsJayEs
There's a few in the area, but I only checked with the one in my city. Perhaps I'll check with the others. I can wash and scuff the bed myself. Scuff pads are cheap and quick. My big thing is I don't want a Line-X knock-off, I want the real thing. I don't like the Rhino liner. They look like the cheap roll-on stuff and the texture is somewhat smooth. Line-Ex has a very rough texture and was impressively durable in my father's Ranger. I'm not concerned with fading, it's a truck bed.
If you're gonna have Line-X do it, let them prep the bed. They have done many and know what they are doing.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Line-x, love mine. The roll-on you buy at Parts houses or wally world is worth half what they sell for.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got mine Line-X'd. The product has been awesome so far, and stood up extremely well to my weekend warrior shovel tests. One of my co-workers also had them do his truck, but I noticed they slapped a different decal on his box. His i Line-R. His is also close to half as thick as mine. In comparative, he paid the same for an 8 foot box, as i did for a 5.5 box. I have lifetime warranty. He did not. i believe he got a year warranty.

I'm a licenced bodyman, and at work over the years have sprayed several different products on customers trucks, who were trying to save a buck over going the line-x route. When it came time to do my personal ride, I didn't hesitate to "get the good stuff". Nothing else was even an option.

Old 06-10-2011, 10:11 PM
I also vote Line-X. I got mine based on a recommendation of a contractor that did work for me. He tried all the major brands and said that Line-X was the best of them all.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Line-X definitely has a very good reputation. The only reason I did not go with them is because the nearest shop is at least 2 hours away, depending on traffic, and they are only open during the week. This mean figuring drive time and application (at least 6 hours), I would lose a day of work to get the liner installed. I don't use my truck hard enough to warrant taking a day off to get Line-x installed.

I went with Toff (the Ford factory stuff) It looks great and has lifetime warranty at this dealer. So as long as I stay here if it ever starts to peel or crack, I can get it fixed for nothing. I was looking more at protecting the paint than the bed of the truck anyway and I think this liner will suit the bill. I paid ~$380 for the liner, but if I had the option of getting Line-x for about the same price I would have gone with them.

Old 06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
LINE-X..... I have beat mine pretty good with stone/mulch/lumber/chains/ you name it. 580 for the bed and rear wheel wells.... Heard good stuff about Rhino too.

Old 06-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I am looking at getting my truck bed lined. For a little background my truck will be used for general hauling of things. I want a bed liner that is durable and looks good, but I also dont want the premium liner because my truck is not an everyday work truck, and I am trying to keep costs low. Obviously I am considering Line-X, but what about the other brands? I have a local company that can do Scorpion Liner. Has anyone heard of it, used it, if so what do you think of it?
Line X is the best quality IMO!

Old 06-11-2011, 03:10 PM
I am looking at getting my truck bed lined. For a little background my truck will be used for general hauling of things. I want a bed liner that is durable and looks good, but I also dont want the premium liner because my truck is not an everyday work truck, and I am trying to keep costs low. Obviously I am considering Line-X, but what about the other brands? I have a local company that can do Scorpion Liner. Has anyone heard of it, used it, if so what do you think of it?

Old 06-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Sorry for the double post!! I don't know how to delete it.

Old 06-11-2011, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by ibcop
The Line-X is $350 bucks for the 5.5 foot bed. They have a special where they add the extra coating for free - normally an extra hundred bucks.

If you wanna pay more, then do it.
Dude, it was a joke...that's what the was for.

Old 06-12-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by bansheerider

Banshee - is this the premium line-x or is this the standard and it is just really shiny and clean because it is brand new? I may go with the premium if it really stays shiny like this long term. I am not going to be hauling gravel or anything like that.....that i know of.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 AM
Get the LineX Xtra; it's worth the "extra" cost

Old 06-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Bomeyer15
Get the LineX Xtra; it's worth the "extra" cost
Look at Line X application on my new truck from Truckgasm in the following post.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/be...iner-shop.html

The cost difference between a drop in liner and Line X is minimal compared to the value of the truck as a whole.

Line X is the way to go.

Quick Reply: Spray-on bedliner....which is best for quality and value?