2009 - 2014 F-150

Spray-on bedliner....which is best for quality and value?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 09:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1depd
I went with Toff (the Ford factory stuff) It looks great and has lifetime warranty at this dealer. So as long as I stay here if it ever starts to peel or crack, I can get it fixed for nothing. I was looking more at protecting the paint than the bed of the truck anyway and I think this liner will suit the bill. I paid ~$380 for the liner, but if I had the option of getting Line-x for about the same price I would have gone with them.
I don't mean to make you feel bad or anything, but allow me to clarify a few things. First, the auto dealer can't fix a Toff bedliner problem, he sends it to a Toff dealer. Toff does NOT offer a nationwide lifetime warranty like LINE-X. So, if you have a problem and the Toff dealer is no longer in business, you have no warranty. Maybe the auto dealership offered you a lifetime warranty. If that's the case, I hope you got that in writing. Second, you don't have "bedliner", you have a slip resistant surface. The Toff OEM's are VERY thin, about 30 to 40 mils on the floor only. To give you a reference, 40 mils is about the thickness of a dime. LINE-X bedliners are up to about 125 mils on the floor which provides WAY more impact protection.

The Dodge, Nissan, and Gulf States Toyota OEM bedliners are thin also. The Dodge and Gulf States bedliners are a bit thicker than Toff's OEM, they're about 70 mils.

Bottom line is that the current "OEM" bedliners are a rip-off for the money. I'm not saying they are bad products, I'm saying they are not a very good bargain.

I thought I should mention that I know the thickness because I have a device that measures the thickness. This is a Toff bedliner, but it's not the Ford OEM Toff bedliner.

This is the Ford/Toff OEM approved bedliner. You can almost just look at it to see how thin it is.

Last edited by TruckGasm; 06-15-2011 at 09:48 AM.

Quick Reply: Spray-on bedliner....which is best for quality and value?