2009 - 2014 F-150

Window Tinting

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
is it safe to assume that IBCOP could read I AM A Cop? Just curious. if so, r u breaking any laws?
Not breaking a law - I have an exemption.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by BLUEforLIFE
Hey Dave - were u from in NJ?
IMO, tinting the fronts 20% is perfect to match the back. it is illegal in NJ, even though every does it.

im in Morris county

joe
I'm in Cape May County. I need to get my back window tinted for sure, and maybe the very top of my front window.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ibcop
^^^^ The standard should be set by the State. Looks like North Carolina is 35%.

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_nc.html

Typically a car is not classified as a "passenger vehicle" but yet is a vehicle that transports passengers as in a limo, bus, etc.

FWIW, I've never seen where the rear windows on a passenger car can be as dark as the owner wants. In Georgia, the rear of a pick-up truck or SUV can be as dark as the owner wants, but the front windows can't be any darker than 32%.
I've never met a cop who actually cares about window tint. I know if I'm ever worried about window tint, I just tell them to roll all the windows down and stick their hands out and walk up cautiously.

Originally Posted by UNC Lariat
Fayetteville PD is correct. According to the NCDOT, may not be darker than 35% on all windows (photometer can measure 32% and still be legal). There are exceptions which can be found here.

The definitions of the exempted vehicles can be found here.

Basically, trucks and minivans are exempt from the 35% restriction for all windows behind the driver.

Hope this clarifies things a little.
It does, I guess I'll just claim that malaria pills made my eyes extra sensitive to the sunlight, hopefully that'll let me go as dark as I want. You have 15%, how have you not been pulled over?

Old 06-11-2011, 07:49 AM
I guess I've been lucky or law enforcement around here has better things to do.

Old 06-11-2011, 11:24 AM
Originally Posted by Dinggus
I've never met a cop who actually cares about window tint. I know if I'm ever worried about window tint, I just tell them to roll all the windows down and stick their hands out and walk up cautiously.
Be careful if you come to Georgia. Some cops will pull you over just for the tint.

Old 06-11-2011, 02:52 PM
At the tint shop right now getting 20% on front windows and 55% in windshield. :-)

Quick Reply: Window Tinting