2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Brakes clicking....Found problem...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Brakes clicking....Found problem...

Lately, when I step on the brakes they click...Like the pads are walking in the caliper...

The truck has roughly 40,000km on it, and I did a brake service "myself" at about 25,00km.... Lubed everything, put it back the way it was...

Never noticed a click before that, but it was winter, and the window was rarely down...

Anyway..

I pulled the wheels and calipar off tonight to have a look...

It seems the piece that goes into the caliper piston on the inside pad is all loose, and wore... And as I noticed during the brake service, on half a shim is on the caliper piston side....

Also, the inside pad has no "fork" to retain itself...It simply relies solely on that metal insert..

Heres some pics to show you....

Anyone else have this issue? I'm going to talk to Ford about it, see what they say...

Old 06-14-2011, 05:56 AM
The pads float to some extent and some make rattling or clicking noise where others don't. It's totally normal and does not effect the performance of your brakes.

That fork that you think has worn off or broken, is not there for a reason. That is so you can install the caliper/pads on the mount.

I know, this is probably not what you want to hear, but just passing along what I have found.

Old 06-14-2011, 09:58 AM
I see.

Its exactly what I wanted to hear....I'm not the only truck with it...

Usually, their is a fork on the bottom of the pad, and not at the top...So you insert the fork on to the bottom first, then push the top in...

Huh.

Well, thanks for posting.

Quick Reply: 2010 Brakes clicking....Found problem...