2009 - 2014 F-150

Tailgate stolen :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see we went from someone getting his tailgate stolen to calling people idiots for making a suggestion.

Sorry to hear about your tailgate OP. I know most people don't think to lock their tailgates, I know it never really crosses my mind. Tailgates used to be in "high demand" around here also, haven't heard of any being stolen lately.

I'm sure you'll be locking the new gate when you get it.

Old 06-14-2011, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I for one have never bothered to lock mine. Every now and then I get a reminder like this that tells me I should start, or some day I could be very, very sorry. I too wish ford would have found a way to install a factory Lazy mans tailgate lock in my Lux FX4. Nothin stops me from walking around the truck and locking every single door by hand, but I'm lazy, and they gave me the option to use a button on my key pad, so I took it. If they gave me another lazy mans option of a power lock on the tailgate, i would have taken that too, even if they wanted to charge me a few extra bucks for it.

I'm not crying. I'm not whining. And I'm certainly not waaaaa-ing. I'm just lazy, and have more money than energy. If Ford had the sense and for-sight to install fob activated power tailgate locks, I'd be willing to bet that I'm not the only one who would gladly pay for it.

Lets not hate boys. We're all here to help. Thanks for the reminder Chadbr, and sorry for your luck. Lets hope the rest of us can learn from your misfortune.

Old 06-15-2011, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
I for one have never bothered to lock mine. Every now and then I get a reminder like this that tells me I should start, or some day I could be very, very sorry. I too wish ford would have found a way to install a factory Lazy mans tailgate lock in my Lux FX4. Nothin stops me from walking around the truck and locking every single door by hand, but I'm lazy, and they gave me the option to use a button on my key pad, so I took it. If they gave me another lazy mans option of a power lock on the tailgate, i would have taken that too, even if they wanted to charge me a few extra bucks for it.

I'm not crying. I'm not whining. And I'm certainly not waaaaa-ing. I'm just lazy, and have more money than energy. If Ford had the sense and for-sight to install fob activated power tailgate locks, I'd be willing to bet that I'm not the only one who would gladly pay for it.

Lets not hate boys. We're all here to help. Thanks for the reminder Chadbr, and sorry for your luck. Lets hope the rest of us can learn from your misfortune.
See I have no problem with this, I would take the option if I could. However I am not going to sue Ford for not offering the option and I'm willing to bet you wouldn't either.

Old 06-15-2011, 04:53 AM
I like the remote lock/unlock idea. If not standard maybe a cheap option, nothing wrong with simplicty

Old 06-15-2011, 07:08 AM
I took a trip out of town this past weekend so the truck has some dust on it. I came home yesterday and did a quick walkaround of the truck. I noticed a fresh handprint spot on the soft tonneau cover on the drivers side near the tailgate. I wonder if someone was attempting to open my tailgate and put their hand on the tonneau when doing so.

I spoke to the wife afterward. She had not put her hand on the tonneau cover when she arrived home from work. I guess I need to zip tie my '94 Lightning tailgate.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by birddog_61
See I have no problem with this, I would take the option if I could. However I am not going to sue Ford for not offering the option and I'm willing to bet you wouldn't either.
78Vette, s post included : somebody eventually will sue
No mentioning of YOU suing ford.
Which means: You are not equipped for this discussion.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM
It's too bad for the OP. I read a coupl of threads here in the past about stolen tailgate stealing, and always try to lock mine whenever possible.

Old 06-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Originally Posted by SETCHAN
78Vette, s post included : somebody eventually will sue
No mentioning of YOU suing ford.
Which means: You are not equipped for this discussion.
I find it funny that all of 78vette's post have had the name changed to setchan, I also find it funny that your so pathetic you have to try and invent people to take your side on an argument.

Originally Posted by SETCHAN
With tailgate theft off the charts, i am disapointed that ford has not build a Tailgate lock/unlock , that actuates with the fob. After market versions are available but should be build in from the factory. I almost never keep mine unlocked. I have the step as well. That would make it even more expensive to replace.
Guess it will take a lawsuit to get that done.
That is your original post that I took issue with, in it you imply that it would be a good idea to sue Ford for not offering an option you would like, which makes you look like a moron.

Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Hey sharper4, Do you buy any chance have a link to the actuator you bought, that,s a great idea for the money. Also a small sketch of how you wired it up would be a great help as well. Thanks, Guido

Old 06-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Name change has another reason. Has nothing at all to do with this forum, but has to do with another forum that has yet to be added to the forum list.
You probably didnt notice, my original join date is intact.
I will be supplying a free service on my own time to members of f150 online.
You just might find this as "funny" as well.

I am not trying to drumm up support. I dont have the need for it.
I admit that "Guess it will take a lawsuit to get that done." may be a poor choice of words on my part. Could have been worded differently.
Allthough, One would have thought that you get the general idea of it.
Calling people names is usually a sign of of I.Q. insufficiency.

Last edited by SETCHAN; 06-15-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Pretending to be someone else defending your original post is a sign of you know that what you said was stupid and you have no defense for it so you are willing to lie to try and be proven right. Maybe I am alone in this but I don't feel like I would need to defend an argument by lying.

However if you would have just said
"I admit that "Guess it will take a lawsuit to get that done." may be a poor choice of words on my part. Could have been worded differently."
I would have dropped the whole thing and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:09 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by LIMITED042
Hey sharper4, Do you buy any chance have a link to the actuator you bought, that,s a great idea for the money. Also a small sketch of how you wired it up would be a great help as well. Thanks, Guido
I'm also interested in some details.

Old 06-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Build Tracking Moderator
Originally Posted by birddog_61
Pretending to be someone else defending your original post is a sign of you know that what you said was stupid and you have no defense for it so you are willing to lie to try and be proven right. Maybe I am alone in this but I don't feel like I would need to defend an argument by lying.

However if you would have just said
"I admit that "Guess it will take a lawsuit to get that done." may be a poor choice of words on my part. Could have been worded differently."
I would have dropped the whole thing and we wouldn't be having this conversation.
Give it a rest.
My name change was not supposed to take effect for another 10 days!!
It was NOT my doing!!
That means....I had NO control over it.....got that?

Old 06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Can we just lock this thread since it's just a bunch of immature arguing over an off-handed comment?

Holy cow guys - quite pathetic!

Old 06-15-2011, 01:34 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Ok, guys, enough of the junk posts at each other. 78Vette's name WAs changed by the administration and that is enough said. The name calling needs to cease now.

Quick Reply: Tailgate stolen :(