2009 - 2014 F-150

Hi from Southern Illinois!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi from Southern Illinois!

Hi, My name is Marc and I just moved into a 2011 F-150 FX4, with FX Luxury and FX Plus packages. I'm coming from driving smaller trucks (S10, Ranger, Dakota) into this, my first full-size truck. It still feels huge compared to my now-retired 2006 Dakota with 3.7 v6. Mine has the ecoboost and it really drives nicely. I'mVERY impressed with the truck, which now has about 2500 miles on it.

My wife and I went out to Salina KS to get it as it was exactly what I wanted and was sitting on the lot. She'd never been to Kansas and we needed a 1-2 day getaway so off we went. The process went great, in and out within an hour, everything already negotiated via email and was waiting when I got there. No pressure to add extra stuff I don't need, and it is my first Ford product.

One thing I like is that Ford did not take the government assistance and winged it on their own.

At this time I don't plan to do a whole lot to the truck, but am planning: splash guards, hood deflector, bedtred pro bedliner. I did add the ford brake controller since it did not come with that. THe family loves it as well, so much room and much more powerful. I drove the dakota one last time before it sold and it felt like a mini-truck. It was a 4x4 but very underpowered.

Anyway, here is the pic so I don't get the 'Worthless without pics' smiley. LOL

Old 06-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Nice truck. Welcome to the site!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome!

Quick Reply: Hi from Southern Illinois!