2009 - 2014 F-150

Sunroof problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Sunroof problems

My 2009 King Ranch sunroof has decided to retire. The bad news is very simple - all of the internal parts are PLASTIC! I took it to a shop here in Jackson, MS that has been installing sunroofs for over 30 years, and they chuckled. They've seen a boatload of 09 and later F150's with sunroof problems.

Here's the deal - if you hear it pop - take it in because one of the plastic connectors has failed (VERY COMMON). You can get a set of these two connectors for $74 and they are pretty easy to replace.

If you don't stop the movement and immediately get it fixed, the other connector will snap and the glass gets off center breaking the rails as well as other internal parts. If that happens, $1200 at The dealer for a new plastic sunroof or find one at a junk yard as no other parts are available for the sunroof from The Ford Dealer.

Earlier models have aluminum internal parts, but the 09 and newer have this plastic version. Needless to say - I am going to get a metal aftermarket model because I have already enjoyed the plastic one enough. Hope yours does better than mine - especially if you have a $60k King Ranch!

Quick Reply: Sunroof problems