2009 - 2014 F-150

2011 Lariat Limited #838 checking in

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Lariat Limited #838 checking in

Heya,
Just picked up my truck Saturday. First truck, came from a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT (modded) that was an absolute blast to drive... But we needed a truck for hauling stuff around, and I wanted something a little nicer.
Was looking at a Raptor, but price wasnt going to be where I wanted it. Looking at the situation, I think this truck will work out a lot better than the Raptor though.
So far it's all stock, the Lariat Limited (as I'm sure most of you know) comes with every option under the sun, so there isnt too much I will be doing. However, I've never been one to keep a vehicle completely stock Not sure what the first mods will be, but it's looking like a K&N air filter or intake will help on gas mileage and making it sound a little beefier? Maybe someday looking at an electronic exhaust cutout so I can actually hear the growl of the awesome 6.2L

Well, thats about it for now. Looking forward to lurking the threads around here

Old 06-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that is one sharp looking truck! if it were me i would replace those mirror reflectors with the black pieces or smoke the ones you have, do a level kit with some beefier tires or maybe just lower and keep those tires if its a 2x4, paint match that grill surround and put some billet grilles in the grille and bumper, tint, exhaust, bedliner. these are all just suggestions. truck looks great as is.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:50 PM
I may smoke the mirror pieces, honestly didnt notice them till you mentioned them
Level kit may be in the future, I've never liked how the rear is so much taller (even on the 4x4, which this is )
Tires will have to wait a while though
I saw a grille with paint match and its pretty sweet, may go that route someday.
Not sure I'll be going with the billet grilles, they pick up laser/radar a lot easier, and seeing as I have a lead foot, that may not be good :P
It's got tint and a bedliner, the tint isnt too dark though.
As for exhaust, I'm mixed/debating on that. The wife doesnt like a loud vehicle, but I definitely think the exhaust is way too quiet atm (at least when I'm WOT, lol). So... I'm leaning towards electronic exhaust cutouts. Loud when I'm feelin crazy and quiet when it needs to be.
Already have some 6k HID's for the headlights and fogs on the way though, absolutely hate the bulbs on there right now. I had HID's in my subaru before this and they were a MASSIVE improvement over stock bulbs, so I think they'll make night driving much more pleasurable.
Thanks, nice lookin truck in your sig as well. Nice sound setup too, love me some JL audio

Old 06-29-2011, 07:15 PM
nice truck, definitely one you don't see everyday. The 6.2L has so much potential. Take your time with the mods and do them right because that nice of a truck you can enjoy for a while before any change is needed.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks! I was looking for the ecoboost because I'm used to turbo'd vehicles, but I'm enjoying the linear power of the 6.2L. A good thing right now (keeping the peace at the house) is that they dont have a LOT of mods for the 6.2L yet. I heard that whipple is developing a 2.9L supercharger for it, but it's yet to come to fruition (unless I missed something). Someday that may be in the works though. But for now, it has a very nice presence on the road. It turns quite a few heads because it is fairly rare.
I've been in the mod game for a while with my Subaru, but I actually wanna keep it stock(ish) for a while. Modding is like an addiction, once you start it's really hard to stop.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:21 PM
As a fellow DFW resident, welcome!

I've got a 2011 Platinum in the same color. Considered the Limited, but didn't want the gas bill that comes with the 6.2L.

I've got a few mods planned for mine to achieve a similar look to the Limited, but I don't plan on completely duplicating it. Ordered the Harley tail lights last night. Would you mind snapping a picture of your truck from a side/rear view? I'd like to see the darker tails on a white platinum tri-coat so I can quit worrying about the end result.

Nice truck!

Last edited by TX Chris; 06-30-2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Sweet looking truck! More pics would be great!

Old 06-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Hello LL 838 Meet one of your twins LL 1824

Beautiful Truck you have and an amazing piece of machinery. I may be a bit bias.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 AM
Tint all the windows and add a PTM hard tonneau cover. I have the ARE LSX tonneau and love it! It really cleans up the bed area.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:16 AM
I'll definitely get some more pictures up for ya'll. I just havent had the time to snap a lot of good ones yet
TX Chris, I'll get some side and rear shots when I can, but I can definitely say do not worry about the HD headlights and tails, they look GORGEOUS.

alsored, bias is always accepted Ford did a really good job on them (IMO).

Quick Reply: 2011 Lariat Limited #838 checking in