2009 - 2014 F-150

Trash in paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trash in paint

Has anybody noticed any trash in the clear coat on your truck. The first thing I noticed was some rail dust on the front left fender and on the door, But after cleaning my truck real good I did noticed a place or two that there was small piece of lent or something in the clear coat on the hood, You can tell it is in the paint. I guess this is normal for factory paint?? I keep my truck in the shop all week and only drive it on the weekends. This truck is red so it shows everything, and shop lights don't help.. Maybe I am to picky..

Old 07-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Suspended
my 07 f150 and both of our 2011 2500hd's at work have the issue as well w/ rail road dust.

IIRC i asked about it back in 2008 and was told take it to the dealer and they wash it w/ some chemical to get rid of it.

Old 07-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
my 07 f150 and both of our 2011 2500hd's at work have the issue as well w/ rail road dust.

IIRC i asked about it back in 2008 and was told take it to the dealer and they wash it w/ some chemical to get rid of it.
They were probably talking about an alcohol wipe down and clay bar to remove the rail dust. Rail dust is not hard to get rid of unless you leave it too long and then its embedded in the paint.

The crap under the clear is not going anywhere, its there until it's sanded and repainted.

For what it's worth, my sterling gray doesn't have any issues with the paint, it's just the luck of the draw I think.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:31 PM
I went to the dealer and looked to see if I seen it on another and in 5 min I found 3 spots on and 50k plat. That is a shame..

Old 07-10-2011, 03:00 PM
My '11 has 7 different places in the paint with dirt or trash underneath. I even have one spot that has a small pebble size flaw under the paint. The Ford dealers in my area have no desire to fix '11 door panel rattles due to "overly excessive bumpy roads", are unable to hear a distinctive squeel in the electric cooling fan at engine shut-off or a Oil Life Monitor (OLM) that will only reset to 100% and not by the 10% interval's I should be able to adjust it to. The Service Writer didn't understand why "anyone would want to reset to anything but a 100% Oil Life Value."

I won't even waste my time with scheduling an appointment just to have the Service Department waste my time. I used to be a Service Writer and Service Manager so their attitude really ticks me off.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I think this is a pretty common problem with their paint now. Last school year I worked on 2 different mustangs at school that had flaws in the paint. It looked liked their was a streak of water beads in the clearcoat. But, when you rubbed the paint you couldn't feel any bumps or rub it out or anything.

Old 07-10-2011, 06:20 PM
You can feel every flaw in my paint when the truck is clean. The pebble size flaw I am referring to is under the Race Red paint as well as 4 other flaw's. There is one flaw on the hood that is under the Clear coat as well as one on the pass side rear door. My wifes '11 Fusion has zero paint flaw's from the factory.

Last edited by Blue07STX; 07-10-2011 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Blue07STX
You can feel every flaw in my paint when the truck is clean. The pebble size flaw I am referring to is under the Race Red paint as well as 4 other flaw's. There is one flaw on the hood that is under the Clear coat as well as one on the pass side rear door. My wifes '11 Fusion has zero paint flaw's from the factory.
I here you on that, I can't understand why quality control don't check things like that. When you pay hard earn money for a NEW truck and the paint looks worst than the old truck you traded in that is a shame..

Old 07-12-2011, 05:46 PM
Mine has dirt in the paint too! Ford what is going on with quality control?

My FX4 SC was built in KS plant. So far after one month, defective pass door handle,door not fitting right, rattle in door what next?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by gasbrnr

My FX4 SC was built in KS plant. So far after one month, defective pass door handle,door not fitting right, rattle in door what next?

My STX was built in KC and I purchased it on 12/31/10. My drivers side rear door rattles on bumpy roads. The E-Fan started squeeling recently. But, the power is awesome and I consistently receive 20.2 mpg on the highway and 19.1 mpg in combined driving. I wonder if KC has a prep/paint/QC issue?

Old 07-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by gasbrnr

What is in the paint? Is it trash under the clear? This seems to be the norm..

Quick Reply: Trash in paint