2009 - 2014 F-150

Ecoboost complaints......

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:52 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dusten
For those that want gauges look into the dashdaq
the reasoning for wanting it in the LCD is not wanting to have a huge pod/screen on the dash some where to monitor.

dashdaq is not cheap, only way i'd consider it is if i was tuning with spartan on a diesel, as far as i know it's not an option from any tuners for 1/2 tons. the edge would be a better option although the dash daq has a ton of gauges and other options which i don't think the new edges have available.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:43 AM
How many miles are you getting to a tank on the eco 3.5l ? thanks {26 gal tank }

Old 08-25-2011, 12:37 PM
One major complaint...... if you turn traction control off its just spins the tires LOL.

478 miles on a tank..... atleast!!! every tank mine averages 19 mpg sometimes 22+ on the highway

Old 08-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I know the wife is doing about 450 per fill up, but its mixed driving

Old 08-25-2011, 06:15 PM
^ how are you guys doing that? I'm at 165 miles and half tank. Computer showing 14.3mpg with 50/50 mix. Granted I'm in Los Angeles and stop every 1/8 mile for a light, but even on the freeway she hasn't been over 15mpg going 70mph.

Old 08-26-2011, 01:34 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
You using Costco or Arco gas, hydro? You have some really crappy gas in Cal. I get terrible mileage on the gas out there when I'm in San Diego - especially on Costco and Arco.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:29 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
400 plus on a tank ..... y'all are going to replace fuel pumps more often like that.

It cost the exact same to fill up at 1/2 tank and doing it will always leave a reserve and prolong fuel pump life causethe pump is cooled by fuel.

Old 08-26-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by glc
You using Costco or Arco gas, hydro? You have some really crappy gas in Cal. I get terrible mileage on the gas out there when I'm in San Diego - especially on Costco and Arco.
Yeah, I forget about that. The gas isn't bad, we just have a different blend that the SCAQMD & EPA mandate for CA. It burns cleaner, but you burn more fuel in the process. The enviro wacko's are so screwed up they can't do the math

Old 08-26-2011, 11:43 AM
I thought I would come back to this thread and let everyone know where things are with my truck.

UPDATE: Right now I am waiting on the dealership to call me with an appointment to bring the truck in. To date I have not been able to get more than 16mpg on the highway...on flat level ground, at 65mph. Just about every other day I have something "wacky" happen with the electronics. Most days the idle stutters and jumps. Seems like new things keep cropping up...lately it's been shifting weird...1-2, 4-3, and 4-5 shifts are sometimes mushy/sloppy, and other times just plain violent. From a cold start I can shift it into R or D, and it sits there "building up" like it's low on tranny fluid...after about 10-15 seconds you can feel the gear engage, and the truck will start to move. Two days ago, it had been parked for about 5 hours, I got in and started it up...the radio was on AM band, with static coming out of the speakers, the clock had reset to 12:00, and none of my devices were in the SYNC system....all the symptoms as if a battery cable had been removed.

Anyway, that's some of the background....this truck has been a disappointment since I took delivery. The dealership General Sales Manager told me that if they could not get it "fixed", they would get me a new truck. When I called them on that statement, they changed gears, and now the plan is for them to take the truck, put it completely back to stock (that just means tires and taking off the topper), and drive it to see if they can replicate the problems. They did tell me that they would give me a rental, as they expect the truck to be in the shop for 2-4 weeks. Our state lemon law states that if a vehicle is in for work for a total of 30 business days or more during the warranty period, it is eligible.....I'm hoping that is their intent. If I can't get any satisfaction, then I'll go up the ladder until I do.
If they tell me they can't find/fix the issues, my next move is going to be "Since nothing is wrong, how much will you give me for as a trade in?"
I just don't have any confidence in this truck....I would like nothing better than to be the flag waving poster boy for the F150 Ecoboost, but right now I just might be it's worst critic.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:09 PM
Edcafferyms

That sucks man. I cant believe the mileage alone.

I check mine by hand and the computer is right on.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:56 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Ed, I'd go for a new truck or the lemon law - even if they can finally "fix" it, I don't know if I'd trust it!

Weren't you the one whose truck was missing in action for an extended period of time between build and delivery? I'm now VERY suspicious of the real reason for that - it probably came down the line and failed all kinds of QC - and they may have patched it up the best they could and released it instead of scrapping it as they probably should.

Last edited by glc; 08-26-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by tbear853
400 plus on a tank ..... y'all are going to replace fuel pumps more often like that.

It cost the exact same to fill up at 1/2 tank and doing it will always leave a reserve and prolong fuel pump life causethe pump is cooled by fuel.
Hear this arguement a fair amount but I have to question how realistic it is. I typically wait for the low fuel light before I fill up, 100k on my previous truck and it was still going strong. I have a buddy that is a mechanic and he gives me crap about waiting for the fuel light being hard on the fuel pump. I think its a load of bologna! I understand the pump is cooled by the fuel it is submersed in but I'd have to see evidence that it runs warmer at lower levels in the tank. From my experience... I've never had to replace one so its not more often! If I filled up at 1/2 tank, maybe I'd be replacing tires more often from all that turning into gas stations? Hmmm....

<love a good debate, especially when I learn something new from it!>

Old 08-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by SkiDood
Hear this arguement a fair amount but I have to question how realistic it is. I typically wait for the low fuel light before I fill up, 100k on my previous truck and it was still going strong. I have a buddy that is a mechanic and he gives me crap about waiting for the fuel light being hard on the fuel pump. I think its a load of bologna! I understand the pump is cooled by the fuel it is submersed in but I'd have to see evidence that it runs warmer at lower levels in the tank. From my experience... I've never had to replace one so its not more often! If I filled up at 1/2 tank, maybe I'd be replacing tires more often from all that turning into gas stations? Hmmm....

<love a good debate, especially when I learn something new from it!>
I call BS as well.

Im an avid user of the "gas points" deal that some major grocery stores offer. My truck does not get driven very much and I typically go between 3 and 4 weeks for fill ups. My truck is over 11 years old, I have owned since new and it has 91k on it. The only times I have ever filled it up without the fuel light on is when im on road trips and know there wont be gas for awhile.

Never had a single issue with a fuel pump, or other fuel related issue. Well, aside from one of my straps rusting through! Thank goodness for the off road skid plate! I have regularly changed the fuel filters as well.

Old 08-26-2011, 10:04 PM
JWP
No problems at all. My wife likes it as mush as I do!

Old 08-27-2011, 04:04 AM
dunno yet it's 3am and i pick mine up in 7 hours 2011 fx4 SCrew dark silver woot!

Quick Reply: Ecoboost complaints......