2009 - 2014 F-150

New EB vs 6.2 Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
For your information comparing a diesel motor with the gas eco-boost motor is like comparing apples & oranges! I don't see your point! The diesel longevity is already proven fact! The Eco-Boost longevity is only marketed legend so far & is not proven in the real world! Talk to me when you have over 200K miles on your trailer towing & hauling Eco!............
in todays market, living up to the claims ford has made regarding the ecoboost is more important then ever. im sure the testing they have done is acurate

Old 07-31-2011, 09:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dusten
You can't get the larger tank on the ecoboost...
And 40lbs at the strip is .04. The only tweaking was.to bypass the traction control by removing wheel speed sensors.
Wonder if the lack of an option for the large gas tanks was another move to keep the weight down in an attempt to make the numbers better?

Old 07-31-2011, 09:30 PM
For your information comparing a diesel motor with the gas eco-boost motor is like comparing apples & oranges! I don't see your point! The diesel longevity is already proven fact! The Eco-Boost longevity is only marketed legend so far & is not proven in the real world! Talk to me when you have over 200K miles on your trailer towing & hauling Eco!............

I cant wait till your dept. runs out of CV PI's and you have to drive a Taurus with the EcoBoost in it.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stealth
You must have missed all the testing this engine had been through. You should do research before you type that nonsense!
I did not miss a thing! I have seen all of the videos & tests regarding this new engine used in the F-150 platform! I do not easily believe any companies "marketing hype tests", until proven in the real world whether its Blue Ovals, GM's, or Chrysler's!......I am what you call a very educated comsumer!...........Only time will tell how good this engine is & we have not reached that as of yet.......

Old 08-01-2011, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by lightninquick
in todays market, living up to the claims ford has made regarding the ecoboost is more important then ever. im sure the testing they have done is acurate
Would you bet your life on it?............

Old 08-01-2011, 06:27 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I did not miss a thing! I have seen all of the videos & tests regarding this new engine used in the F-150 platform! I do not easily believe any companies "marketing hype tests", until proven in the real world whether its Blue Ovals, GM's, or Chrysler's!......I am what you call a very educated comsumer!...........Only time will tell how good this engine is & we have not reached that as of yet.......
Bashing it on a forum until it meets your standards is useless.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:36 AM
Originally Posted by Stealth
Bashing it on a forum until it meets your standards is useless.
I'm not bashing anything! All I am saying is that this "New Engine", has a whole lot of real world consumer testing before I would spend a nickle on it.....I am not a gullable person who believes everything a company states as gospel about its new products until they prove themselves in the real world.....

Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another disadvantage of the 6,2L is the weight. I think about 200 pounds heavier than the EB, which comes right off payload which is the limit for most people towing with a half ton anyway.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:16 AM
I'm not bashing anything! All I am saying is that this "New Engine", has a whole lot of real world consumer testing before I would spend a nickle on it.....I am not a gullable person who believes everything a company states as gospel about its new products until they prove themselves in the real world.....
Here we go again.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:51 AM
You know, some of you really have way too much time on your hands to sit here like little old ladies in a sewing circle beating the durability of engines. Buy what you like and be done with it! The fact is, so many are joining the discussion and they aren't any where near buying a new truck, but they talk with conviction as if they were signing a check today.
It's plain and simple. Whoever is buying a new rig needs to do THEIR homework. None of the engines are junk. A high-powered six-cylinder is just a hard sell because it is new. I remember when fuel injection was new.... it was the same skepticism.
Sales are showing the EcoBoost is becoming more accepted, and I think all the nay-sayers will be eating crow soon enough.
I still can't see why the tests Ford did with the EcoBoost are so hard to believe. They broke the engine down basically with the press present and documented the whole thing. It was about as perfect as it could be after being tortured. Call me gullible, then, because I believe it.
I've logged alot more miles in a year than about 90% of the readers on this board, had plenty of engines and trannies that people said were garbage, and had good luck.
Bottom line OP, drive them all, consider your options and your uses, and buy what you want. If you like V-8 growl and don't mind time at the pump, go for the 6.2L. Ifyou want the same power with the option to potentially save fuel while cruising, but blow the doors off someone on the howdy, too, do the EcoBoost. Good luck in whatever YOU choose.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:27 PM
mmmmm, I have noticed one thing the eco-boost owners sure are protective. While a ncie motor it may be, I'll take a NA V8 over a V6 turbo engine, making the same power, any day of the week. You start compressing and forcing air into an engine, it will be less reliable and require more maintenance in the long run, than its NA counterpart making the same power.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Buy what you like and be done with it! The fact is, so many are joining the discussion and they aren't any where near buying a new truck, but they talk with conviction as if they were signing a check today.
Exactly.

I have my 2011 and it's been great. 4k on the clock and counting.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM
It sure is nice being able to debate over 2 really nice engine options for once....

Old 08-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 70BOSS302
It sure is nice being able to debate over 2 really nice engine options for once....
three

Old 08-01-2011, 01:05 PM
ouch, you are right, how could I forget about the 5.0. Which, by the way, Procharger went 11.18 with (bone stock other than tires and the supercharger) in an '11 mustang the other day. A good driver could take out a ZO6 with that.

Quick Reply: New EB vs 6.2 Question