2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 5.4L outperforms 2011 ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting if true

Old 08-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't care how much Ford Tested this new engine! This is the real world testing that I have been talking about which needs to get the bugs worked out! I won't be spending a nickle on this new Eco-Boost until Ford addresses these apparent short commings! I never buy a new product in its 1st year! Yes, the Eco-boost in the F-150 is in its 1st year for those who say that its been out for a while in other platforms! I'll stick with my trusty 5.4 3v Screw which has never overheated no matter what I was towing behind it....

Old 08-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Another one post bandit. now things are getting fishy.

I'd like to see a cell phone video or video of this so called "over heating" while towing. So far this is posted by someone with 3 total post and now a guy with 1 post.

Risupercrewoman is in every ecoboost bashing session he can. Kind of funny if you ask me. Yeah, that 2007 of yours is BAD *** Try searching google for transmission issues and see how many come up. I've had two 5.4l trucks 2005 FX4 and Expedition... the ecoboost is 1000 times better.

2 questionable people post up a problem... even the title seems to be a pot stir "2010 5.4L outperforms 2011 ecoboost" Show us this over heating issue. Just about every cell phone has a video camera, if you're on vacation I'm sure you have a video camera.

Until then...........

Last edited by OldSkoolMC; 08-03-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by OldSkoolMC
Another one post bandit. no things are getting fishy.

I'd like to see a cell phone video or video of this so called "over heating" while towing. So far this is posted by someone with 3 total post and now a guy with 1 post.

Risupercrewoman is in every ecoboost bashing session he can. Kind of funny if you ask me. Yeah, that 2007 of yours is BAD *** Try searching google for transmission issues and see how many come up. I've had two 5.4l trucks 2005 FX4 and Expedition... the ecoboost is 1000 times better.

2 questionable people post up a problem... even the title seems to be a pot stir "2010 5.4L outperforms 2011 ecoboost" Show us this over heating issue. Just about every cell phone has a video camera, if you're on vacation I'm sure you have a video camera.

Until then...........
Easy folks...its just the interwebs, name calling is not necessary.

Maybe these 1 post guys found this forum by Googling their issues they were having, everyone has to start somewhere. Neither seem to be "trolling", just looking for some help on how to resolve their issues.

Its a new platform, there are bound to be issues, its to be expected, no powerplant is without them. IMO, its how Ford will address and resolve them is what counts. What I think Ford needs to do is resurrect ole test mule 448AA, drop her in a new truck and ascend this mountain with a trailer and see the results.

Having said that, im a believer in the EB technology and believe it is the wave of the future with emissions and MPG restrictions. I am also a future EB owner with one on order.

Lastly, a thick skin will help around these parts, dont take things personally, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by pgh_medic
Easy folks...its just the interwebs, name calling is not necessary.
Doh!... did I add a "o"? Opps, typo... My bad.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Oh and one more thing....

"During our EcoBoost odyssey, we also worked the trucks hard to measure their wide open throttle performance at some of the highest and lowest altitudes you’ll find in the country.

On I-70 in Colorado, on the same route we did our Rumble in the Rockies, we also ran the F-150 pulling the 9,000-pound trailer. We were stunned by how well it pulled at such high elevation on the 7 percent grade to the Eisenhower Tunnel. It was so strong that we had to start testing at 10,000 feet to ensure the rig didn’t climb the hill at an unsafe speed at wide open throttle. The EcoBoost F-150 ran the quarter-mile in 27.83 seconds at 50.83 mph – more than enough to keep up with or pass traffic. That’s a performance we don’t think could be easily matched by a non-turbo gas engine, even a large-displacement V-8."

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/04...-6-part-1.html

Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Huh???

Until then...........

You got me! I was just waiting searching the internet looking for the opportunity to bash the Ecoboost!!! Sheesh.

Whether skeptics like you believe me or not is irrelevant to me. I LOVE my Ecoboost and was very upset when my overheat happened to me. Sorry I didn't think to take a pic or video as my engine was overheating climbing a mountain with my wife and kids. I was more concerned about not destroying my engine. As another poster wrote, I simply googled my problem looking for solutions and was directed to this forum where instead of finding help, I find childish arguing about nothing.

If any other posters have any constructive info and help, I'd like to hear it. Mature replies only please

Old 08-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 777aaaviator
You got me! I was just waiting searching the internet looking for the opportunity to bash the Ecoboost!!! Sheesh.

Whether skeptics like you believe me or not is irrelevant to me. I LOVE my Ecoboost and was very upset when my overheat happened to me. Sorry I didn't think to take a pic or video as my engine was overheating climbing a mountain with my wife and kids. I was more concerned about not destroying my engine. As another poster wrote, I simply googled my problem looking for solutions and was directed to this forum where instead of finding help, I find childish arguing about nothing.

If any other posters have any constructive info and help, I'd like to hear it. Mature replies only please
Thanks for signing up here and thanks for having a good, calm, and sensible reply to the critisizm. There are a few that get very defensive when they see any negative comments about the EB. Please continue to keep us informed on your saga.

Again, welcome to the site!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Well, you only have a few posts under your own belt, 136 I believe? At some point in time, you only had one yourself.

1000 times better?

Until then...........
You know, you take this way too personal ... no one bashed you.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by 777aaaviator

I'll give you some constructive info... bring it to the dealer. If I had a problem like described, the last thing I would be doing is "google" searching for a resolution, sign up to a forum, and post about it thinking someone would solve my issue. The truck would be at the dealer getting checked out.

If you're really legit, sorry but... I just find it kind of funny that within 1 day of someone posting this issue.. that someone else comes along with the same problem 1 day later after months of the truck being on the streets. There are many long term forum members here that tow with the EB. None of them tow in the mountains?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks BlueJay Jim.... I really only want answers. I bought my Ecoboost as a solution to a problem and am hopeful one will come. This overheat cannot be normal. I did a lot of research before buying and never read anything about this from the independent critics who tested it while towing in the mountains. The biggest disappointment I found was the poor towing fuel economy.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:37 AM

I could almost bet 2 pennies and a quarter that my 07 f150 5.4 will out to your ecoboost. I'll have mike Rowe do the comparison.
But that would be
Wait for it

Wait for it

A dirty job

Hint I'm just kidding.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I'll give you some constructive info... bring it to the dealer. If I had a problem like described, the last thing I would be doing is "google" searching for a resolution, sign up to a forum, and post about it thinking someone would solve my issue. The truck would be at the dealer getting checked out.

If you're really legit, sorry but... I just find it kind of funny that within 1 day of someone posting this issue.. that someone else comes along with the same problem 1 day later after months of the truck being on the streets. There are many long term forum members here that tow with the EB. None of them tow in the mountains?
Everytime I have had an issue with my truck, I go online first and research what is out there concerning my problem. That way, I can be better informed when I talk to the dealer. I have discovered that in several cases, I know more than they do, due to my research. This has helped me when the dealer did not even know there was a TSB for a problem.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by tbear853
Well, you only have a few posts under your own belt, 136 I believe? At some point in time, you only had one yourself.
Yeah, I won't debate that but...read my last post.

1000 times better?
Shoot... I meant 2000 times better. Thanks!

You know, you take this way too personal ... no one bashed you.
I don't take the internet personal...I've been on many forums and this site has been full of crap for awhile - some members are very knowledgeable and some just spout off. It's actually pretty entertaining and makes my work day go by faster. If this is a real issue that is not just effecting 1 or 2 trucks I'll eat crow. But until there are numerous reports, I will be calling this an isolated incident.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:51 AM

Couple of things....

1) Just curious.... Are you paranoid? Delusional? Serious questions.

2) Did you read the part in my post about how I LOVE my Ecoboost? That sure sounds like an Ecoboost basher to me, doesn't it?

3) I called my dealer the minute it happened for advice. (best I could do in the middle of nowhere) Also spoke to a Ford engineer in Oshkosh, WI. Actually went to the dealer yesterday and spoke to the technician. He hadn't heard of this problem before. I will leave it with them when I can spare the truck a couple of days. Until then, the truck is working fine and has for the last 2500 miles... including crossing the same mountain a second time.

This was a one time deal and may never happen again. That said, I will be having the truck checked out before my next serious summit climb later this month.

4) If you don't have a constructive comment, please grow up and leave us adults to deal with this issue.

oh yeah.... I was also surprised to find the original post so recent. That was truly a coincidence!

Quick Reply: 2010 5.4L outperforms 2011 ecoboost