2009 - 2014 F-150

Picked up a new 2011 F150 4x4 Supercrew 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up a new 2011 F150 4x4 Supercrew 5.0

Been driving Dodge Ram trucks for 15 years but made the change to Ford today. I have been looking at them for the past year and finally made the change today. The ride of the Ford and the features you get for the money made the difference for me in switching brands. When I test drove the Ford I feel in love with it so hopefully it will be as durable of a truck as my Dodge's were. My dad has always driven Ford and never had issues so I am sure it will be great.

Question:

2" leveling kit: Does it hurt mpg or ride? All terrian tire size that fits?

I ran 2" level and 275/65/20 Nitto's on my Dodge.

Last edited by kschex; 08-01-2011 at 08:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Congrat's and welcome to the site. Good to have another member from the Bayou State! I'm on my second leveled F-150 and will help out with any question's. Check out the pics in my gallery. Get some pics of your truck when you get a chance.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:09 PM
Suspended
2" level depending how you go about it will depend if it affects your ride. will have no effects on mpg, tire size will.

a spacer will theoretically have no effects in ride, i felt a difference in my dads and sisters after they leveled theres w/ spacers. wasn't a bad ride or anything but it was not exactly the same as before. you can also do bilstein adjustables, rancho quicklifts, etc but will be a little more expensive than a spacer

as for tire size, if running stock wheels you can fit a 35x12.50 or anything smaller than that.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
You're local! We can trade trucks, it's all good.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by kschex
Been driving Dodge Ram trucks for 15 years but made the change to Ford today. I have been looking at them for the past year and finally made the change today. The ride of the Ford and the features you get for the money made the difference for me in switching brands. When I test drove the Ford I feel in love with it so hopefully it will be as durable of a truck as my Dodge's were. My dad has always driven Ford and never had issues so I am sure it will be great.

Question:

2" leveling kit: Does it hurt mpg or ride? All terrian tire size that fits?

I ran 2" level and 275/65/20 Nitto's on my Dodge.
Its interesting you mentioned the ride. I test drove a ram when I was shopping and I wouldnt have placed the ford ahead of the dodge in terms of ride. I was sold on the features the ford had(tailgate step, productivity screen, etc etc). To me, the ride was close enough to consider both, and the features put me over the top on the ford. Although, I will say, the ram did have a ton of storage areas. I wish ford would get on that.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:35 AM
congrates your going to love that truck. i agree needs more storage. going to order a Husky Gearbox for under the back seat.

Last edited by Captain Awesome; 08-03-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:34 AM
I went and looked at the Dodge, even though I did not like the look of the new bodystyle, because I have been a Dodge guy for so long. I test drove one and it did ride better than my other 5 Dodge trucks that I owned but I just was underwelmed with the Dealer, the trucks new look especially how low the frontend is, and the inside wasn't near as nice as the Ford(To me or my family who rode with me).
Bottom line is I have liked the looks of the Ford truck since the style change and when I drove it I really liked the feel better than the new Dodge. I am not bashing Dodge heck I was a Dodge guy for 17 years, I am just saying I preferred the Ford which I am sure most on this site will agree wtih me and most on Dodge site will not. Just the way it is.

Keith

Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I picked up my new truck with the 5.0 this weekend and drove 100 miles to work this morning. I think I am going to be very happy with the 5.0. I know the trip meter may lie, but it said 20 mpg. The cruise was set at 72 most of the way.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by kschex
I went and looked at the Dodge, even though I did not like the look of the new bodystyle, because I have been a Dodge guy for so long. I test drove one and it did ride better than my other 5 Dodge trucks that I owned but I just was underwelmed with the Dealer, the trucks new look especially how low the frontend is, and the inside wasn't near as nice as the Ford(To me or my family who rode with me).
Bottom line is I have liked the looks of the Ford truck since the style change and when I drove it I really liked the feel better than the new Dodge. I am not bashing Dodge heck I was a Dodge guy for 17 years, I am just saying I preferred the Ford which I am sure most on this site will agree wtih me and most on Dodge site will not. Just the way it is.

Keith

It was a really tough call between the Ram and F150. I love the looks of the Ram and inside styling is awesome too. But, the looks on the new F150 is really classy and inside cab is a little bit bigger. I love how the back seats fold up and you have a level floor. Plus, when you have two car seats back there no little feet are kicking your back seat. There is alots of rear back space. Love it. I ordered a crew cab ecoboost. Should be a here in a couple of weeks. The big bonus was a crew cab and a 6 1/2 foot box!! Awesome!

Quick Reply: Picked up a new 2011 F150 4x4 Supercrew 5.0