2009 - 2014 F-150

Now I'm stuck, need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm stuck, need your help.

Alright, in need of a little insight and your personal feeling on this. I've had in my head for a little bit now, that when I get back home I'm going to lower the back of my truck 2 inches, and get 22 inch KMC Slide Chrome rims. Here is a picture of me truck, and another truck that has the drop shackles on it.
My truck:

Truck with drop shackles:

After looking at lots and lots of different F-150's I came across one with a 2.5 inch front leveling kit on his 4x2 truck, with 20 inch rims. I also really like this look. What option would you go for? Traditionally, I'm for 4x4, raised, 4x2 lowered/leveled, but this raised leveling kit looks super nice aswell. Your thought? You thoughts on rims (size/ finish) for both way? Thanks for all the help, I'm really at a standstill here.

The link to the truck wit the front leveled out.

Thanks again

Old 08-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Personally I would go with the drop shackles. I was never a fan of lifting a 4x2 Plus after reading about some of the issues people are having with the TCS and leveling kits I would stay away from that option.

Old 08-02-2011, 06:00 PM
I think it would look good with both, but I like the look of leveling kits better than lowering kits/drop shackles. A 2" leveling kit and 20" wheels with 33s and it would look great. Especially since you have the tow mirrors on, it would give it a nice, aggressive stance.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go with these...... http://cart.bilsteinus.com/search/mm.../drivetype=RWD

Level, and bigger rubber. Lowered trucks are a bit of a Mexican thing to me. Not that Mexican things are bad, just preference. You will be happy in the long run......

Quick Reply: Now I'm stuck, need your help.