2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone using the REV app for engine data monitoring...(boost, coolant temp etc etc)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 02:57 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone using the REV app for engine data monitoring...(boost, coolant temp etc etc)?

I just bought the REV app and WiFi hardware to use as additional gauges and data logging.....It basically reads anything the ECU is seeing and displays/records all of the engine data in different formats/displays.... Its basically like having a bunch of gauges in the truck but they are all in your phone.....Nothing to mount or leave in there. Its all wireless and you can see what FORDS doesnt want you to see....(aka dummy gauges)..

I will get it in and test it next week and report back.... At $250 for the app and hardware it isnt cheap, BUT considering all the data that you get, you would have to spend $500-700 in gauges to get all of this info, plus have all that crap visible in the cabin... Lastly this thing records all data if you want so you can data log a pass at the track or a run up the mountain with a trailer and see what the temps/boost/fuel consumption etc etc is...and go back and look at it later.... Pretty cool stuff... It does a lot more then what I listed here as well.... Go check it out if you have time...

REV app for iphone:
http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG9qC...embedded#at=40

Last edited by ajrothm; 08-03-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:00 PM

I looked into that a while back, but they dont have the app for droids, at least not yet.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
I looked into that a while back, but they dont have the app for droids, at least not yet.
The app for Droid is TORQUE.... It is much cheaper and the hardware you need is the ELM327 blue tooth OBDII scanner....You can get it for $25 shipped..... My buddy has that setup and it works well.....CHEAP too.... If I didnt have an iphone I would jump on that setup...

Old 08-04-2011, 02:52 AM

Nice, Il have to look into it.

Old 08-04-2011, 03:22 AM
Originally Posted by ajrothm
The app for Droid is TORQUE.... It is much cheaper and the hardware you need is the ELM327 blue tooth OBDII scanner....You can get it for $25 shipped..... My buddy has that setup and it works well.....CHEAP too.... If I didnt have an iphone I would jump on that setup...
What's the best place to get an ELM327? Have been meaning to buy this. Half considering ordering a second center-channel/above-radio bezel and integrating the otherwise-useless Droid3 dock into it (stupid thing is charge and HDMI/audio-out only...no USB connection even though the spec says otherwise).

Old 08-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Droid
What's the best place to get an ELM327? Have been meaning to buy this. Half considering ordering a second center-channel/above-radio bezel and integrating the otherwise-useless Droid3 dock into it (stupid thing is charge and HDMI/audio-out only...no USB connection even though the spec says otherwise).
I have a brand new one I will sell you....I couldn't use it because it is bluetooth and iphones require WiFi..... I just got it last week and realized its not compatible.... I have the disc as well.... If interested, PM me.... $25 shipped USPS priority...

Quick Reply: Anyone using the REV app for engine data monitoring...(boost, coolant temp etc etc)?