2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone do the Gotts mod with the ecoboost?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just piling on top of the warranty discussion:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...74#entry709474

Old 08-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by shotgunz
Just piling on top of the warranty discussion:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...74#entry709474
Thanks for the additional info.....

Old 08-05-2011, 01:07 PM
DjG
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol wow, we get it you can possibly lose your warranty factory. Again not what I'm looking for, I guess this thread is dead.

Last edited by DjG; 08-05-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:58 PM
i don't understand how a Ford tech can say an exhaust is fine, but a filter element is not (or removing a plastic tube as discussed here). As i've found with many other cars, it all depends on the dealer and tech. If you go on for an issue and the tech doesn't think what you've done modification wise attributed to it, then they can be cool about it. Then there are techs that give you crap if your wheels/tires are a different size and won't look at anything until the stockers are back on.

i am 100% for not killing a warranty, but there are things within reason that are doable. I've modded every car i've ever had, but i guess i've just been lucky to not run into issues that i can't fix.

i have a friend who takes the truck below in for warranty work, because the tech likes him and he sends business their way.

Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 PM
DjG
Originally Posted by MrTea
i don't understand how a Ford tech can say an exhaust is fine, but a filter element is not (or removing a plastic tube as discussed here). As i've found with many other cars, it all depends on the dealer and tech. If you go on for an issue and the tech doesn't think what you've done modification wise attributed to it, then they can be cool about it. Then there are techs that give you crap if your wheels/tires are a different size and won't look at anything until the stockers are back on.

i am 100% for not killing a warranty, but there are things within reason that are doable. I've modded every car i've ever had, but i guess i've just been lucky to not run into issues that i can't fix.

i have a friend who takes the truck below in for warranty work, because the tech likes him and he sends business their way.
Right!

MrTea, I hear you have an intake and exhuast setup on your truck. What brands are you running and any feedback on performance or increase in turbo noise?

Finally this thread is headed in the right direction.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:03 AM
right direction? thought you just asked about pulling a little piece off for less air restriction? lol

yeah, i'm running the Gibson Single swept side and Injen exhaust. I had confirmed dropping off my truck at Injen before i even finished all the paperwork for the truck, exhaust was on before 400 miles i believe. trying to hit the dyno this month, so we'll see how it looks, but the Injen dyno is on my truck so i have an idea where i'm at and the exhaust seems to add TQ below the intakes peak which makes it feel like a huge/broad increase in the truck right now down low.

sound isn't worth reporting, still too quiet for my taste, but not worth the hassle of figuring out what's needed for me. bit more whistle at load and a bit of bypass if i lift at full boost and that's it. both installs where obnoxiously easy though which is nice.

Quick Reply: Anyone do the Gotts mod with the ecoboost?