2009 - 2014 F-150

Molded Mud Flaps

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Molded Mud Flaps

I've got a new F-150 coming in soon and was wondering what other people's preferences were for molded mud flaps. I've got husky's on my current truck, but am curious if there's anything better out there (looks, function, durable).

Thanks,

Matt

Old 08-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by msteis
I've got a new F-150 coming in soon and was wondering what other people's preferences were for molded mud flaps. I've got husky's on my current truck, but am curious if there's anything better out there (looks, function, durable).

Thanks,

Matt
I have the weather tech splash guard's 0n my FX4 I like them better than husky's!! Have husky's on our 11 escape dont like the looks of them changing them out for oem's..

Last edited by 399eng; 08-05-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 AM
399eng,

Do the WeatherTech's seem as durable as the Husky's?

Old 08-05-2011, 07:24 PM
399eng,

Do the WeatherTech's seem as durable as the Husky's?
yes there very durable very happy with them

Old 08-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Thanks,

Matt
Subscribed.

I'd like to see whats out there as well with a truck on order.

Matt, i'll be in your neck of the woods in Nov./Dec. for my yearly trip to Benezette/Dents Run for deer season!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Anyone have any experience with the WeatherTech's? They look like they will work well. The website will not allow me to buy front guards with the factory running boards. Are you able to fit them in there or not?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:23 PM
I have Huskys for our Expedition, but they seem too stiff. I've run Ford Genuine's on every truck since 2000, and only cracked one by backing into a rock. That's 10 different trucks with great success. I have beat them all with my snowbrush to knock off the snow and ice, and have had no failures. My only gripe is that Pueblo Gold colored ones aren't made for Ford to match the King Ranch boards or the tan boards on the Expeditions. That's why I resorted to the Huskys for the Expy. Those I am painting once I can stomach $40 for a spray can of paint to match... DuploColor doesnt make Pueblo Gold in a large can.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:27 PM
weathertechs fit great. easy install.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
weathertechs fit great. easy install.
Do you have the factory running boards?

If so, any fitment issues? Pics?

Also, where did you get them from and how much?

Was looking to get the mud flaps and digital cut floor mats front and rear.

Old 08-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by pgh_medic
Do you have the factory running boards?

If so, any fitment issues? Pics?

Also, where did you get them from and how much?

Was looking to get the mud flaps and digital cut floor mats front and rear.
1. No, factory flares though.

2. Went on with no issues. No pics at the moment, I'm getting clutch friction plate packs replaced, maybe Tuesday I'll have it back.

3. Pickup Outfitters in St. Ann (St. Louis, MO), 84.00 incl. tax cash and carry.

They have all the weathertech stuff + bedrug/bedtred/bed mat things as well.

Old 08-06-2011, 02:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put molded on my FX4 for about 8 months. When I put bigger tires on the truck, the flaps simply didn't fit the look. I took em off, only to find that now the outside of my flares where the molded flaps were, had been scuffed up, and almost hairy looking.

Make sure you want them.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by pgh_medic
Anyone have any experience with the WeatherTech's? They look like they will work well. The website will not allow me to buy front guards with the factory running boards. Are you able to fit them in there or not?
I noticed this as well and am also curious with the running boards. I'll probably buy the Ford brand.

If I'm not mistaken, I think the Ford ones are longer than Husky's, but don't seem as wide. Husky's look like they protect more of the inside lip of the wheel well. They are stiffer also.

Old 08-06-2011, 06:00 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I have an 04, but on my truck I have Husky front and Oem Ford rear. The Husky's are definitely stiffer but I like how they cover the side of the truck. The Ford ones don't stick out as much IIRC. Ford didn't have what I wanted at the dealer, so I went with the Huskies. They make nice products. One thing I liked about Husky's was their attention to detail. I have access to vinyl from my dad's shop anyways, but they provided clear vinyl cut to the shape of the part of the mudflap that comes in contact with the truck to prevent scratching and such. I liked that feature a lot. I also did not drill into my truck, but rather used 3M auto tape (the black stuff with red backing) to hold where the screws would. Worked perfectly and the other fasteners that were on the truck hold the flaps on in the other areas as per the directions.

Hope that helps

Old 08-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 weathertechs

Old 08-07-2011, 12:51 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I have had Weathertechs on some vehicles, they do a great job ... as do their rain deflectors (ventshades).

But on the FX4 I have molded splash guards and with the factory side step bars, they block almost everything from hitting the lower body. It's an 07 and has no chips at all.

Well ..... I thought these were the factory ones? They were on the truck when I purchased it and work super.
Now that I think about it, not sure I ever looked at fine print on them. The ones on my Merc and T-Birds have Merc or T-Bird logos? Here's a pic, I had to brighten it some to show splash guards.
I'll look when I gop out here in a few minutes and post back if not FORD stuff.

Edited later say they aren't "Ford" OEM, but nice just the same.

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Those have the same pop out form (the raised part) as my Huskys... the Ford ones say Ford in an raised oval
Yep, you are right! I just looked this evening when we got back from our meeting .... no writing anywhere inside or otherwise, but they fit and look so nice and work so well .... looked at Husky Products, looks just like # 56591 front and # 57591 rear.

Last edited by tbear853; 08-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Molded Mud Flaps