2009 - 2014 F-150

Mod Vs. Warranty help

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bottom line is that dealershipe are NOT cool about mods, unless its the same same dealer who did the mod and the same guys still work there. warrantys are not worth it anyways. the internet says a warranty is a waste of money on anything.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:08 PM
The dealership I bought from will bend over backwards for me (they're 2 hours away), My local Ford dealership (which I tried to deal with on my 11' FX4) wont even perform warranty work on the truck and tells me to "take it back to where I bought it"...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 PM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
The dealership I bought from will bend over backwards for me (they're 2 hours away), My local Ford dealership (which I tried to deal with on my 11' FX4) wont even perform warranty work on the truck and tells me to "take it back to where I bought it"...
They can not turn you away for warranty work. Call Ford and let them know, this dealership will get chewed out big time.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by DjG
They can not turn you away for warranty work. Call Ford and let them know, this dealership will get chewed out big time.
Been there, done that. The dealership keeps saying "it will be 2-3 weeks until we can look at your truck", meanwhile a buddy of mine whos a Tech there says they are NOT booked up 2 weeks in advance... Ford Canada hasnt done a damn thing for me yet...

Old 09-08-2011, 11:18 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
Take it in to them for a paid service - something simple like an oil change - then slam the crap out of them on the survey. THAT will attract attention.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:27 AM
DjG
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
Been there, done that. The dealership keeps saying "it will be 2-3 weeks until we can look at your truck", meanwhile a buddy of mine whos a Tech there says they are NOT booked up 2 weeks in advance... Ford Canada hasnt done a damn thing for me yet...
Wow this makes no sense at all, they are going to get paid on the repairs whether or not you purchased the vehicle there or somewhere else. I would talk to the service manager if you haven't already, and let him know if need be you will contact Ford to file a formal complaint. If you have already done that, keep calling Ford as all calls must be recorded, they will have everything well documented and at that point they will be forced to act. Also best but have the Ford representative schedule your car for repair with the dealership. Good luck.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Yep, worse than politics and religion.
I have had modified Lightnings and Diesels. I have been in about every warranty situation and usually lost. When my buddy at the dealer said not to worry he would get my engine or head gaskets covered. Well, Ford sent an inspector out and he took a picture of my Nitrous Express license plate frame and denied my claim. I contested it saying my diesel tows my race car. I have boxes of go fast stickers and key chains... Show me a positive oil test or such saying I ran Nitrous... I never put any NOS in my fricking tow truck... Dumb stuff like that irritated me. When I put my stock exhaust back on they said it was too clean for 75k miles and voided my claim. Another time my PCM contacts had the silicone cleaned off where you put a chip. I took the chip off but they still voided my warranty because the contacts had been scraped for a chip. I said prove I ran a chip, they didn't... So I gave up modding and expecting any warranty. Now all three of our cars are 100% stock.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Those damn engineers sure are smart though, not much gets past them...

Quick Reply: Mod Vs. Warranty help