2009 - 2014 F-150

Picked up the new truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picked up the new truck (EcoBoost XLT Chrome Package)

With a heavy heart, I said goodbye to the 06 FX4, and drove home in my new EcoBoost XLT (Forced to lease this time around and FX4 was $70 more for nearly same MSRP!). I'm still getting used to the 09+ gen trucks looks, but the engine is sure making me feel better fast. This thing is BALLSY! (Didn't open it up during test drive) I'm already wondering how to get the turbos to be louder! I love the sound of the V6, (this coming from a guy with a Magnaflow cat-back in his 5.4L and couldn't help but mash the throttle around every corner to hear it) It's a lot more aggressive and a lot less "leaf-blower" than I thought it was going to be.

So far so good, some quick amateur critiques...

+Soaks up bumps much better then my old Lariat & FX4
+Real time MPG chart turns fuel efficiency into a self-challenge
+Seats are the most comfortable I've ever felt in a truck
+Looks are quickly growing on me
+Mom likes it

-Completely disconnected steering feel (Kind of scary going over dirt roads with lots of potholes at a decent speed)
-When you want the ecoboost to act like a V8, you get V8 mpgs
-Turbos need to be louder!
-Significant clunk going into 6th gear
-Stock Good Years are kinda ehh
-Infamous 3 hour delayed F-150 Stock Throttle Response (Turbo lag is really not that bad though)

Other that that I'm LOVVVVIN' This truck!

Pay no attention to the poor grass! haha, Had a little accident with a jug full of weed killer.

Last edited by Ragged05FX4; 08-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Nice truck
Ha don't worry I did the same thing to my moms grass on "accident"

Old 08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by fordfx4guy
Nice truck
Ha don't worry I did the same thing to my moms grass on "accident"
My mom wouldn't mind if I did it to her grass, but that is my grass lol, and I was very mad at myself! I've been working my butt off to get the grass to look as good as the neighbors after the guy that owned it before let it die. I live in one of "those" neighborhoods, where if your grass looks like crap, people look at you funny. We already feel out of place being the youngest couple in the neighborhood.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 PM
oh, I think I'm in love... that looks sooo good. Yeah i know what you mean about the ride when I took my 2010 on a test drive I couldn't believe it was a truck, that's one of thing's i was worried about when i traded my Lincoln is i would miss the air ride but so far not a bit.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:22 PM
Very nice. I think that the XLT with the chrome package is the best looking F150 bar none, particularly in black. In the end for me, I could not stand the fact that there was not a "real" center console. I have no understanding of why with the console the F150 has a huge gap between the dash and the console-completely useless space. With that said, you have a very nice looking truck and I am sure it will serve you well. Also

Originally Posted by Ragged05FX4
So far so good, some quick amateur critiques...

+Soaks up bumps much better then my old Lariat & FX4
+Real time MPG chart turns fuel efficiency into a self-challenge
+Seats are the most comfortable I've ever felt in a truck
+Looks are quickly growing on me
+Mom likes it

...and isnt that what we all strive for?

Old 08-08-2011, 01:43 PM
very nice! congrats!! If you dont mind my asking, what are mo. lease payments & did you have to put anything down?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Congrats!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:35 PM
Congrats.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:50 PM
Thanks guys, I am getting used to not having the floor shifter for the first time since 05', but I guess having a 6th seat might come in handy one day. The looks grow on me more everytime I look at her

@03Fx4JD It was A-Plan, I'm not sure if it's bad etiquette to share the payment I got, but you know what, there are scandalous dealerships out there that tack on crap to A-Plans and normal leases and I wish there was more people sharing this info! Case in point, I was shopping my trade-in to all the local dealerships around here and before I said I had a trade, I had them quote me the lease payment. The same exact VIN was quoted as low as 373, all the way up to 405 for a 10.5k/36mo. The latter I believe was partly because that certain dealer REQUIRES you to get pin striping on EVERY TRUCK! Then they roll it into your payment with some other B.S. I highly doubt the majority of truck buyers in Michigan want pin striping. I ended up getting the truck for $396 / month for 36/12k term with $550 total down. MSRP was $40,720 after the $1,500 chrome pkg discount. There was two local dealerships that had matching payments that also had the lowest payment, so I took them to be the most honest, and one offered $3k more for my trade in, so that made the decision very easy on who to go with. I was very pleased with the experience at that dealership.

Last edited by Ragged05FX4; 08-08-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Sounds good. Was just curious. The ole girl ('03) should last me another year maybe 2 before I need to look at something new & I've never leased anything & was just wondering how much cheaper it was per month to lease as opposed to buying. When I picked up this 03 I financed it through my local CU (bought it from private seller) and that's not MUCH more than what my payments to them are... lol

Old 08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by 03Fx4JD
Sounds good. Was just curious. The ole girl ('03) should last me another year maybe 2 before I need to look at something new & I've never leased anything & was just wondering how much cheaper it was per month to lease as opposed to buying. When I picked up this 03 I financed it through my local CU (bought it from private seller) and that's not MUCH more than what my payments to them are... lol
I just miss the good ol' days when I leased my 05' FX4 SuperCab for right over $250 / month for 24 months lol

Old 08-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by 03Fx4JD
Unless you plan on trading the vehicle in every 2-3 years, it rarely makes sense to lease a vehicle. Most of the time it is more practicable to buy.....

Old 08-08-2011, 10:47 PM
duplicate

Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
Unless you plan on trading the vehicle in every 2-3 years, it rarely makes sense to lease a vehicle. Most of the time it is more practicable to buy.....
I agree... But when what I buy are older trucks (like this 03) w/ 100K+ miles on them, w/ low payments, and drive them 3-5 years(I tend to put a good many miles on them) until they start to wear out & then have to look for another. It would almost make sense to lease a brand new truck for roughly the same mo/payments and have a brand new truck with warrenty.... At the same cost.

Old 08-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Congrats on the new ride! Good luck

Quick Reply: Picked up the new truck