2009 - 2014 F-150

How Do I Remove the A/C Vent Louver in a 2011 XLT F150?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Do I Remove the A/C Vent Louver in a 2011 XLT F150?

I need to take the A/C vent/louver cover off of my 2011 XLT F150 to get to the honeycombe piece behind it. The honeycombe piece is a bit loose and makes a chirping sound when I hit bumps due to the air flow through it. Mine have the chrome rings around the cover. There seems to be four tabs inside but I can't get it to budge or pull out. Anyone know how to remove this for a 2011?

Thanks.

Old 08-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I wouldn't touch anything that still under warranty. You'll feel very bad if you break something and have to pay for it out of your pocket.

If you have something squeaking or rattling you should be able to get it fix under warranty.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:47 PM
stick your hand in the vent, grasp the louvers and pull straight out. the whole assembly will pop out: *be careful with the far left drivers side vent, the vent is in there tight enough you'll pull the colored dash piece with it. a third hand would help for that one*

Originally Posted by shortride
I wouldn't touch anything that still under warranty. You'll feel very bad if you break something and have to pay for it out of your pocket.

If you have something squeaking or rattling you should be able to get it fix under warranty.
live a little buddy. i had $20,000 of aftermarket modifications in a jeep with a factory suspension that was cut, re-welded and clearly gusseted with my factory warranty.

Last edited by marshal; 08-17-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did this in my '08 to put chrome bezels on and *pop* they just came out. Was a little nervous but after the first one came out ok, it was off to the races

Old 08-20-2011, 11:53 AM
It is the left driver side vent. I got it out by putting some electrical on the end of a small flathead screwdriver and then using it to pull up on the two tabs on the side. Then I just eased it out. No damage done.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad nothing got damaged, thanks for the update.

That is what this site is all about, asking others and getting ideas/help when stuck. So welcome aboard, Jericho.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by marshal
stick your hand in the vent, grasp the louvers and pull straight out. the whole assembly will pop out: *be careful with the far left drivers side vent, the vent is in there tight enough you'll pull the colored dash piece with it. a third hand would help for that one*

live a little buddy. I had $20,000 of aftermarket modifications in a Jeep with a factory suspension that was cut, re-welded and clearly gusseted with my factory warranty.
I did once. That's why I said that. It can get expensive if one doesn't know what they're doing. If someone can afford those type of mistakes then I would say go for it.

Old 09-09-2015, 01:53 AM
First oil change I ever let some else do in my life of owning any vehicle and I get the new guy at the ford dealership who breaks the louvers on the driver side. They used a pick to remove it I was told. so A week later my girlfreind gets in the truck sticks her feet up and destroys the pass. side so now I need to get it out to see if I can repair it I see how the assembly pops out but how do you disassemble the louver from the assembly. Or is it one piece?

Quick Reply: How Do I Remove the A/C Vent Louver in a 2011 XLT F150?