2009 - 2014 F-150

Ecoboost, boost gauge install....(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 12:48 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NASSTY
It's just a universal one I found at a local part store. It wasn't even close to fitting when I started. I did a buch of trimming and reshaped it with a heat gun to make it almost fit. That was the best I could do with it, was make it almost fit. But I'm running it until I can find something better. :o
I think I may do the same....see if I can find one locally. I am supposed to take it to the dealer Monday and really dont want to take with the gauge mounted all ghetto....They will think some kind of hack was working on it...

Old 08-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Great write-up and pics!! Thanks for sharing
I wonder if somebody or even Ford will intgrate boost into the heads-up display. It currently only reads trans temp (unless there's more?). I know the computer reads boost, so why didn't they allow us multiple options to watch or select in the display?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Today I got pillar pod installed. I ended up buying a universal cheapy SunPro brand from the local Advance Auto parts.....I took a heat gun to it and did some serious stretching, bending, molding, shaping etc.... It came out ok.....not perfect by any stretch but decent. I will use it until someone comes out with a nice one made just for our trucks.....

Also shot another vid of it. This was from a 60 mph freeway roll to about 90 mph... I was having a hard time with the lighting on the camera because it was so bright outside. I think you can see the just of it though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYXJrqeVQc

Hopefully this thread will help some of you guys that had thoughts of installing a boost gauge...

Old 08-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That doesn't look too bad but you're gonna have a hard time seeing out the windshield!

I wonder why the ECM is dropping so much boost? It almost seems like the truck was designed to make a certain output and once it get there it just holds it. Really makes me wonder what a custom tune could unleash...

Old 08-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ahhh man, that's already been covered in other threads but the right tune is gonna make this thing a complete monster...barring the rest of the engine being able to handle it.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:00 PM
looks good. I kinda like it where it sits... just my $0.02

Sweet lookin truck too BTW.

Quick Reply: Ecoboost, boost gauge install....(pics)