2009 - 2014 F-150

Major Electrical Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2007 Loaded FX4
So even if I do find a code, how do can I get away with warranty covering it? Im really hoping the HID ballast didnt cause this problem!

Is it better to tell the dealer about the after market lights and hopefully they'll cover my A$$? Or let them figure it out and send the findings off to Engineering?
Assuming it just went into protection mode, it might be a simple fix, seeing as how you know where you spliced into everything. If you tell them, and that turns out to be the problem, you are at their mercy. If it an unrelated problem, and thus, an unrelated code, it's a warranty issue anyways. That said, having no headlights for 3 weeks is not a good answer either. Go to an auto value, or whatever the equivalent is in Ontario, and get them to hook up and check for codes.

By making you wait 3 weeks, or whatever their answer was, it seems pretty obvious that they are not interested in bailing you out of any damage you caused. Some of these dealers play petty games if you did not buy it from them. I've worked in dealerships, and seen it first hand.

Get the code read.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Assuming it just went into protection mode, it might be a simple fix, seeing as how you know where you spliced into everything. If you tell them, and that turns out to be the problem, you are at their mercy. If it an unrelated problem, and thus, an unrelated code, it's a warranty issue anyways. That said, having no headlights for 3 weeks is not a good answer either. Go to an auto value, or whatever the equivalent is in Ontario, and get them to hook up and check for codes.

By making you wait 3 weeks, or whatever their answer was, it seems pretty obvious that they are not interested in bailing you out of any damage you caused. Some of these dealers play petty games if you did not buy it from them. I've worked in dealerships, and seen it first hand.

Get the code read.
Actually I never spliced into anything, it was all plug and play. So I just took the negative battery cable off for 2 minutes, but it back on and I had all my lights back, still no highbeams or signals. So I know my wiring isnt fried since I have now have my lights back...Its still going to the dealer I bought it from tomorrow!

Old 08-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so now I have everything back but my HighBeams, which is what caused me to dig deeper in the 1st place. I had a bunch of blown fuses which I replaced. My NAV screen still says something about the "Battary System Saver" with a bar that fill up as time passes and eventually all power in the truck shuts off.

Quick Reply: Major Electrical Problems?