2009 - 2014 F-150

A/C Update.....Call Customer Care

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A/C Update.....Call Customer Care

I took my 2010 into the dealer for a few TSB's and told them the A/C did not cool well enough. I supplied my temp readings from a digital refrigeration thermometer. They added a touch of freon. I discussed the problem with the service manager and he did not dance around, he flat out said the control program does not allow the A/C to drop down far enough before cycling off to prevent evap coil freeze up. Ford HQ controls the programming and they cannot change the settings locally. He suggested I call customer care and open up a ticket. I will do this in the next few days. Maybe if enough people call a flash will be created to allow the system to perform like it is capable of. BTW, the SYNC microphone update works very well, no more yelling!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I'll be watching this thread as my 2010 just starts to blow cool cool and then the compressor cycles off. And even then it takes a good fifteen minutes before you can feel that brief instant of cold air at the vents. My son's 2011, on the other hand, will freeze you out even in the back seat. This has been a miserable summer in Phoenix and I'm already dreading driving it in the heat next year.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 AM
There was a tsb on this and I had them perform in on mine, and it made a big difference. I don't notice the compressor cycling on and off like it did before. It still doesn't cool on Normal A/C like I think it should, but it is much better than it was before. They changed the computer program somehow and the fans run differently and the cycling on and off doesn't happen like it did before. I ran in 100 degree heat earlier this summer across NE and I started on Max A/C and got it good and cool, and then switched to regular A/C and it held at 42 on the my thermometer. Before the update, it would have gone to about 60 output temp.
The normal a/c still cannot cool the truck down when you first start, but seems to hold pretty good after you run a while on Max A/C.
I am much happier with it now than before.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:33 PM
apparently this A/C issue is just going to get worse... I took mine in in June as I felt it wasn't nearly as cold as it should be.... did all the little fixes. Seemed 'cooler' but not nearly as cold as my other Ford... lo and behold the AC goes out completely in the middle of my 400 mi move.... Took the vehicle in 5 Aug and surprise there is a huge backorder of compressors!!!! Apparently the projected date for any orders placed after the first week of Aug is October!
I love my truck but this isn't inspiring confidence!

Old 09-09-2011, 09:18 PM
Gir
What was the tsb ID?

Originally Posted by F 1Fiddy
There was a tsb on this and I had them perform in on mine, and it made a big difference. I don't notice the compressor cycling on and off like it did before. It still doesn't cool on Normal A/C like I think it should, but it is much better than it was before. They changed the computer program somehow and the fans run differently and the cycling on and off doesn't happen like it did before. I ran in 100 degree heat earlier this summer across NE and I started on Max A/C and got it good and cool, and then switched to regular A/C and it held at 42 on the my thermometer. Before the update, it would have gone to about 60 output temp.
The normal a/c still cannot cool the truck down when you first start, but seems to hold pretty good after you run a while on Max A/C.
I am much happier with it now than before.

Quick Reply: A/C Update.....Call Customer Care