2009 - 2014 F-150

I had a flat tire now I have warranty!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
I buy my tires at Sam's Club - and I do spend the $10 per tire for their "package" - which is a road hazard warranty, new valve stems, lifetime balance and rotation, and free flat repair. THAT is worth it.
I usually bought the tires in Sams including the package. The problem is when you apply the warranty you have to pay pro rated for the damaged tire plus the new US$10 of the package. Is a good deal but for me the discount tire warranty work better.

Last edited by artgarcia; 09-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ford12508
Wanna hear a fun fact? If the company didn't make money off of offering the insurance, they wouldn't offer it. More times than not, it goes unused. Now $10 per tire with all the stuff glc got is definitely worth it for me.
I totally agree with you, all the insurance works on probability using the "average Joe" as a model. If the use of the insured product is far beyond of the "average Joe", then buy insurance is going to work on your favor.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by artgarcia
Your comments are totally out of knowledge for say the least. In my other FX4 I have warranty on the tires also with Tires Discount. In about 4 years I replaced under warranty 3 of the 4 tires and only cost me about $30 - $35 each one for pay the new tire warranty.
Their service and customer care was exceptionally good and I feel they work on my side even beyond the warranty terms.
I never had a problem replacing the tires in my 4X4 because the other tires are worn.
I'll suggest you please keep your uninformed comments for yourself.
You should never replace a single tire on a 4x4 when the others are worn out, or even half worn. Always best to replace is sets. Especially if you ever use your 4x4 in 4wd. I'm thinking you are the one a little uninformed. I doubt you will take my word for it. Try asking in the tire section, I dare ya.

This is the second time you have made a suggestion, please stop doing that.

If the thrust hurts how do you feel when you lie?
I don't buy insurance for sleep better, one unrepairable tire don't quite me of sleep. Is only because is financial wise.
Wow...... bahahahahahaha! WTF? Wise huh?

Originally Posted by tbear853
If you are referring just to guys and gals posting on this site, you maybe almost right .... but out in the real world, most trucks wear factory sized rubber, even same replacements or even cheaper .... their whole life. Thopse are the ones you don't take notice of so much.
Sorry T, I may have worded it a little different. I meant to say that not many folks replace the worn out tires with an identical make, and model of tire. I acknowledge that many vehicle owners replace the tires from their ride with the same physical size, but I feel it is somewhat rare for owners to replace the worn out Wrangler RTS with new Wrangler RTS.

I totally agree with you, all the insurance works on probability using the "average Joe" as a model. If the use of the insured product is far beyond of the "average Joe", then buy insurance is going to work on your favor.
I'll give you one thing, you are definitely not the average Joe. You have made it clear to us that you use your truck much differently than the norm, but in your original post you recommend that everyone insure their factory tires. In an extreme use case, it may be beneficial to have extended coverage, but for the "average Joe" you refer to, are you still going to "suggest you to do the same"?

It would also be an interesting read to see how it is, that you can get worn out tires replaces under a road hazard warranty? I wonder who the underwriter is on the insurance policy, and if they have any suspicions they are being defrauded by the tire shop you deal with. If it is as straight forward as unconditional replacement coverage for a tire, no matter what the wear factor is, folks would simply buy the coverage, and cut the sidewall of the tires when they get worn out. Insurance companies are not that stupid. There is something fishy going on here.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
Tire company's around here will not put a single tire on a 4X4 where the others have tread wear, due to liability...so they say.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 AM
You can put a new tire with 3 other bald tires on a 4x4. The truck doesn't know one tire is 1" taller than the rest lol. Hell the road isn't perfectly flat, so it doesn't matter.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:16 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
If you mismatch on the rear, that's a good way to burn up your limited slip clutches - and in 4wd with a mismatch anywhere it will bind up a lot easier.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by glc
If you mismatch on the rear, that's a good way to burn up your limited slip clutches - and in 4wd with a mismatch anywhere it will bind up a lot easier.
It makes sense in the rear end. Maybe in 4WD in sleepery roads it doesn't care I'm wondering if Ford has an official guideline to this concern. a quick search give me some results from Subaru & Audi nothing from Ford. Any idea?

Quick Reply: I had a flat tire now I have warranty!!!