2009 - 2014 F-150

You tube vids 6.2 versus EB

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Countryboy8602
Boost launch? In other words... brake stand. I guess it must have been operator eror on the part of the 6.2 driver in that he didn't do a brake stand at all?
You can call it what you want but it is a boost launch. Non forced induction vehicles can't do them. How many people do you see at the drag strip leave the line at idle? It was operator error if anyone left the line at idle in the video. If they got their rpm's up before launching the advantage goes to the boost launch.

Last edited by NASSTY; 09-21-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome post havent drove either the newer engines/trucks.....and rlly guys arguing and gettin butthurt over this is stupid. eco is bada** 6.2 is bada** oh and FORD is bada** bottom line

Old 09-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
You apparently don't understand turbos.

You seem a little offended by the EB...why is that?
Not offended by the EB at all, but EB owners sure get pissy about a claim that another engine might be faster. With regard to turbo's.... tell me exactly then whats involved with a "boost launch". Would it include, by chance, inducing of turbo spooling by an increasing of rpm's through applied pressure on the gas pedal, while sitting at a complete stop with your other foot on the brake? - BRAKE STAND

Originally Posted by Smokewagun
Countryboy, you are all over it. Clearly the 6.2L authority! Why didnt Ford consult you before they built that POS EcoBoost? I'll tell you why... Different strokes for different folks. Buy what you want and get used to the fact that the EcoBoost is a great powerplant. Nobody said it is replacing your beloved 6.2L. Again, it's not a replacement... It's an OPTION.

Oh, yes... No Advantage in the video. When drag racing, it doesn't matter how you get there. Brake stand or spool it up. The video shows the puny 3.5L could hold it's own. Should we argue the 6.2L's weight drug
it down? No. The EB did a nice job... Face it.
Thanks for pumping the tires Smoke, appreciate it. But really, I couldn't be that knowledgeble with only 10 posts could I? I never said the EB was a POS, in fact I almost bought one but at the end of the day the turbo lag/hesitation, smaller fuel tank and the fact that it sounded like I was driving a Hyundai Sonata was the deal breaker for me. Different strokes right? Ya ya I know there's no turbo lag with the EB..... well 3 separate test drives of the EB and 6.2 back to back, at different dealerships with different trucks every time told me there was a lag/hesitation. With regard to the sound, apparently I only THOUGHT I was going faster in the 6.2 because it was louder, silly me.

The "puny" 3.5 L did extremely well in these videos, better than i thought and I did state it had some incredible power, any engines sporting twin turbochargers should right? What I do find hilarious is despite posted videos showing the EB getting beat, the rabid EB fan club comes flocking down like a vulture on a dead animal saying it didn't happen. Uuumm... ok then.

Originally Posted by NASSTY
You can call it what you want but it is a boost launch. Non forced induction vehicles can't do them. How many people do you see at the drag strip leave the line at idle? It was operator error if anyone left the line at idle in the video. If they got their rpm's up before launching the advantage goes to the boost launch.
What? You mean to tell me that a non-boosted vehicle isn't capable of doing a boost launch? If it makes you happy we'll call it a "boost launch" with the EB, and a "brake stand" with the 6.2.... an increase in launch velocity is obtained by increasing your rpms while your foot is on the brake. The only difference is is that the EB did it every time (to varying degrees) and the 6.2 didn't.

But it doesn't matter, the EB still won right?

Originally Posted by infantry_18
awesome post havent drove either the newer engines/trucks.....and rlly guys arguing and gettin butthurt over this is stupid. eco is bada** 6.2 is bada** oh and FORD is bada** bottom line
Butthurt... !, but yes Ford trucks really are bad *** these days... in fact i used to be anti-Ford, big time, until i bought an F-150 (Ingot Silver Platinum 6.2) due to having the best options available at the time.... best vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had a few. I am now an official Ford F-150 convert. If they put a larger fuel tank on the EB down the road, that might just sway me the other way, as I do like the ligher engine weight which translates to a higher payload capacity. Maybe if they could increase the sound of the turbo whine it would make the 6 banger sound a little more palatable.

Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by Countryboy8602
Butthurt... !, but yes Ford trucks really are bad *** these days... in fact i used to be anti-Ford, big time, until i bought an F-150 (Ingot Silver Platinum 6.2) due to having the best options available at the time.... best vehicle I've ever owned, and I've had a few. I am now an official Ford F-150 convert. If they put a larger fuel tank on the EB down the road, that might just sway me the other way, as I do like the ligher engine weight which translates to a higher payload capacity. Maybe if they could increase the sound of the turbo whine it would make the 6 banger sound a little more palatable.
EB has 36 gallon tank in 2012.

Old 09-22-2011, 11:04 PM
Countryboy, don't worry about upping your post count to 11. Based upon your long-winded posts, we get the idea. You clearly have found every flaw in the EcoBoost, will continue to grind your axe with every point.

We get your point that the EcoBoost was in fact designed to smoke the 6.2L, cause of course, it has twin turbos. Thank Ford for writing in on the pretty yellow sun visor sticker "Brake stand or turbo spool-up required when standing next to a 6.2L".
I am only sorry Ford did not call you and let you know they now offer the 36 gallon tank on the EcoBoost. Of course, that is MORE weight to drag the EcoBoost down in the sequel video with a 2012 EcoBoost.
Yes, the future of the EcoBoost looks weak. Fools. We should have known the 6.2L would smoke the EcoBoost... It has eight, NOT SIX, but EIGHT mighty cylinders. Of course it should come out first at the finish line.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:48 PM
Much obliged Smoke, with your help I might even get to 15 posts by the end of the week. How can one not continue to play the game when you seem to derive so much joy out of someone pointing out the obvious? Oh, and sorry for being so long winded, how intrusive of me. I was simply just trying to point out the fact that, much to the chagrin of many, the video evidence of the beloved EB getting beat wasn't doctored in any way.

I'm sorry I can't answer you're repeated pleas for an answer as to the design purpose of the engines. But what I can tell you is that according to the EB fan club, its sole design purpose was to beat the 6.2 like a rented mule, from start to finish. Of course now that video evidence has surfaced showing otherwise, all of a sudden it apparently "wasn't" designed to smoke the 6.2...... lol. And to play the game further.... of course it should beat the EB becuase it has 2 more cylinders... blah blah blah. Boys and girls... All aboard the merry go round.

Nice thoughts on the sun visor sticker... but to be fair they'd also have to include "and don't let the 6.2 driver know you're doing a brake stand, I mean... boost launch". As added insurance they should also include a book titled "Crooked Dealers - How to Recover From Being Taken for a Fool" in the glove box to ease the frustration of EB owners when they realize the true design of the engine....... to be second best.

I did hear about the increased the tank capacity for the EB, good to hear, but it wasn't available on the 2011's when I bought mine. As you can imagine Smoke I'm probably not too upset over it. If a few years from now they find a way to mask that hideous rice burners exhaust note... who knows?

I can see you took out membership in the club long ago and are getting quite pissed, so I'll stop here. That is of course, if you can manage to get through such another long winded post to the end. lol

Old 09-23-2011, 04:35 PM
No, not getting $&@#% at all. I'm getting joy out of listening to you grind your axe. I feel sorry for you because you have need to overly state facts and try to turn them into major issues. All of the EB fan club has not tried to turn the EB giving the 6.2L a good run for it's money into a major earth-shattering development. They should. The technological advancements to bring about this type of power and results that far from pale in comparison to a large V-8, or the 6.2, is remarkable. It does not matter that the EB did not blow the doors off the 6.2L. What matters is the EB is a viable solution to today's truck needs. Your stupid thought process that "because it has twin turbos" it should be so much more than it is, is just that... Stupid. Putting twins on a gas powered golf cart doesn't mean it will blow away some kids 175cc dirtbike.

Give the EB the credit it is due, and we'll all give you your 6.2L crossing the finish line first. Yeah! Were all happy.

Hopefully you can find help with your need to blow out others candles to make yours burn brighter. Even though you may not, I find peace knowing I can just wait for the next engine and everything will be okay.

Good luck. I may not be through with this thread, but through with you.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:49 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
That's a good idea, both you guys need to be through with the this discussion, at least. Time to move on.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't help but laugh. It went from Chevy/Dodge, vs Ford to Ford vs Ford.

There's never been as many threads on the 4.6 vs the 5.4 or the 5.4 vs the 6.8 as the Ecoboost vs The World. It's still a Ford, you had the OPTION to choose which engine you wanted and you chose what you chose it doesn't mean it's better than the other, just different.

I'm about sick of seeing everything compared against the Ecoboost and people saying why the Ecoboost is better or why the 5.0 is better or why the 6.2 is better.........

Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 PM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
What do you expect, Matt? This place is just a testosterone outlet at times.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Guys guys guys. Let's calm down a lil. I prefer to look at it this way. The 6.2=heavy weight champ. Eb= pound for pound champ. 5.0= the street fighter that will go toe to toe with anyone. And they are all badder than anything the competition has so enjoy whatever you got. Its a great time to be drivingan f150.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by islandcat1
Guys guys guys. Let's calm down a lil. I prefer to look at it this way. The 6.2=heavy weight champ. Eb= pound for pound champ. 5.0= the street fighter that will go toe to toe with anyone. And they are all badder than anything the competition has so enjoy whatever you got. Its a great time to be drivingan f150.
Agreed! I like how you categorized the motors also.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:28 PM
^ x3!!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 PM
My ecoboost prints fu*king money

Old 09-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ragged05FX4
My ecoboost prints fu*king money
I didn't know they had a PTO to hook up to a counterfeit printing machine!

Quick Reply: You tube vids 6.2 versus EB