2009 - 2014 F-150

WTF is this??!! Satellite antenna leak repair

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DjG
Good to hear, I just hope their bondo job is better then their silicon sealer job lol.
Was it a used truck?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by M.YANCEY
I would not let them put bondo on the roof to fix it! Just think of the things you can't see, I beat that work is great..
They just get the dent wizard to take the dents out.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Paul Yarek
Was it a used truck?
Nope, I bought it new about 1.5 years ago. I ended up taking everything apart per the instructions, flipping the antenna the correct way and sealing it per the TSB. No more leak, its been raining here for 2 days.

I did notice that the antenna was backwards from the factory because it seems they punched the holes in the roof backwards.

Old 11-06-2015, 06:09 PM
TSB 10-4-7 doesn't fix the satellite ant leak

I realize this is a fairly old thread, but the problem of the leaking satellite antenna still exists. My F 150, purchase on 31May 2010, and now has 31600 miles developed a leak around the antenna, and 3rd brake light. My F150 was made at the Dearborn factory, in Mar 2010. The TSB indicates only vehicle build before 1/12/2010 at this factory have the satellite leaking problem. In my case this was not true, In fact, when I took the truck to the dealer today to have the leaks fixed, it was discovered that the antenna has silicone as if it had already been repaired. The dealer refused to follow the TSB's indicating that the fix will not last. He wanted $740.00 to fix both problems and install new antenna and 3rd break light. I opted to have them fix the antenna since the headliner has to be dropped. I replaced the break light for $100.83 includes shipping from TASCAFordparts.com who had a better price than the local dealers here in Killeen Texas did. The dealer charged $443.00 to install a new satellite antenna. I contacted Ford about this problem, and while they acted like they didn't know about it, they did open up a claim and told me to speak with the service manage at the Ford Dealer, that between Ford and the dealer there may be funds to pay all or part of the cost of repair. As many know this problem has existed since as far back as 1998, and many F150 owners have posted their problems here and on other web sites. Ford should be paying to fix these issues, but instead they issue useless TSB's that do not fix the problems and my dealer would not recommend. I just want others to be aware that the fix does not work. The dealer gave me a two year parts/labor on the antenna replacement. Some people have had leaks with trucks as new as 6 months, I discovered the water leak after the truck was almost 5 years old. And as stated above the TSB does not apply to my truck. And just because the antenna was replaced is no guarantee that it will last the lifetime of the truck.

Quick Reply: WTF is this??!! Satellite antenna leak repair