2009 - 2014 F-150

OEM Tailgate Extender Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by P15-D24
You may have an issue with the locking pins lining up with the holes on the sides. I have LineX and I needed to file down the nubs the bumpers sit on to get the correct alignment.
Yea, with Line-X, I have to pound the T-handles in to engage the holes when the extender is in the bed Haven't filed the rubber bumpers yet, but something I may consider...

Old 09-27-2011, 09:15 PM
After filing the feet nubs to get the height correct

Originally Posted by Augster
Yea, with Line-X, I have to pound the T-handles in to engage the holes when the extender is in the bed Haven't filed the rubber bumpers yet, but something I may consider...
And re-drilling the holes for the lock pins (to get the LineX material out) the lock slides work perfectly.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by hydro1
Yep, I have the same problem, but with a rubber bed mat. I can't lock the pins when it's facing toward the cab. The pins are fine when it's on the tailgate. The thickness of the mat doesn't allow the holes to line up. I'll yank the rubber pads out on the extender and see if that helps.
I had the same problem with the rubber mat, I just pushed down on the extender and had the wife hit the tee handle with a rubber mallet to lock it in. After a week or two it left an indentation in the mat and now locks with no problem.

Old 10-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Well I finally installed it last week, I love it. I had to shave down the rubber grommets on the bottom for the T-Handles to lock into place in the bed. The hardest part of this whole thing was drilling through the bedliner and having those stupid clips grab through the bedliner. Works great, and will def. be useful. Thanks for everyone for their help, I plan on detailing my truck in the upcoming week or so and I will post a bunch of pictures.

Thanks again

Quick Reply: OEM Tailgate Extender Installation