2009 - 2014 F-150

PCM updates

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PCM updates

Hey guys. Just wondering if dealers automatically update your PCM etc when you bring your truck in for service OR do you have to request it. I know that there have been 2 newer software verisons released for the EB since I got mine. I'd like to get the newest which has some of the bus worked out for the rough idle etc.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by chris3058
Hey guys. Just wondering if dealers automatically update your PCM etc when you bring your truck in for service OR do you have to request it. I know that there have been 2 newer software verisons released for the EB since I got mine. I'd like to get the newest which has some of the bus worked out for the rough idle etc.
Normally, you have to request a reflash to solve a problem you are having. They don't generally just reflash it without a reason. Sometimes they do so without telling you if there is a reflash that might solve a problem they are working on. They won't always do it even if you request it. They have to be able to get Ford's approval or they will not get their warranty money for the reflash.

Quick Reply: PCM updates