2009 - 2014 F-150

New pics with tinted headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raptor05121
You do know you'll have just about no forward illumination, right? Smoked heads + HIDs is going to net you maybe 6-800 lumens TOPS. Plus your headlights will look purple.
Where are you getting this information? Have you done it yourself? I have and I can tell you that I disagree with you 100% from personal experiences.

My current car has slightly more forward illumination than when it was running OEM headlights. At 6000K they are not purple at all. They look like a 6000K with 'normal' headlights, slight hue of blue. If you'd like I can take a picture of them as well.

Originally Posted by Jus Cruisin
Those headlights would pretty much guarantee you a ticket here in Florida. Sooner or later.....
Fancy seeing you here. It's NastyStang.

I disagree with you though, you've seen my headlights and I've never even heard a peep about them.

PS: Getting rid of the car.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by b_cirilla
Thanks for the hate, though. I love how much people find reasons to stare at my truck in awe.
I'm not hating at all, I think your truck looks great. I just think its funny that you nominated yourself as having the best looking front on the site......considering your brother and I both had the exact same front end lol.

Old 11-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by polski-13
I'm not hating at all, I think your truck looks great. I just think its funny that you nominated yourself as having the best looking front on the site......considering your brother and I both had the exact same front end lol.
lol that's just how he is. If he did it, then it's the best. If I did it and he doesn't have it, it sucks. I just laugh it off cuz I KNOW my truck is better.

It's all personal preferance though. Some people on here like his truck better, some like mine better. Of course I think mine looks better and of course he thinks his looks better. It's all in good fun.

Last edited by Milt IV; 11-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:21 PM
You've gotta do something with the bumper cover. IMHO, that's the least attractive part of the whole truck. I think Ford designers failed big with the bumper cover and the two big warts on each side of the opening.

The Harley/Lariat Limited piece = DO WANT.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:32 PM
Same front end here. Looks good. Since I rarely use the truck at night (work truck) the light loss is not an issue for me.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm thinking about getting that street scene bumper cover that gets rid of those two big push pads, the one they had on that silver truck at SEMA this year. I like it better becuase the opening for the grille is square like the main grill rather than slanted like the harley/limited.

Quick Reply: New pics with tinted headlights