2009 - 2014 F-150

inaccurate throttle response/soft throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
inaccurate throttle response/soft throttle response

I had something happen with my truck today that may be related to the tunes that I've got, but I figured that I'd check in to see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

I was traveling on the highway, just about to my exit. I had planned to make the lane change to take my exit but traffic changed unexpectedly and I had to make a quicker manuver. In order to keep from being an impedement to the flow of traffic I pushed on the throttle to force a downshift. I was doing about 50mph and was expecting a two gear downshift. The truck downshifted only one gear and did not accelerate at the rate that I'd figured. Three times I pushed the pedal to the floor and nothing changed. I had done a forced downshift entering the highway, and one to manuver around slower traffic before this and it performed as expected. Everything turned out ok, but I was dissapointed that the truck didn't react the way that I'd planned.

Anyone else have anything like this happen? One thing that I believe would contribute to this is that I drive pretty mellow a majority of the time and all that mellow driving is information saved for the adaptive strategy.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:36 AM
Yes it learns how you drive then screws you when you need something different. Go to your dealer and have them download the latest software and reboot the system.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Whatever you do, do NOT take your truck back to the dealership with a custom tune to the dealership.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:35 AM
glc
Received 773 Likes on 714 Posts
You don't have to take it to the dealer to get it reprogrammed to reset the adaptive strategy.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Mine did that when I first bought my truck. I just disconnected the battery and then reconnected. It learned my driving habits and now it drives just like I want it to.

Quick Reply: inaccurate throttle response/soft throttle response