2009 - 2014 F-150

Dealers can't figure out my vibration.

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealers can't figure out my vibration.

Two different dealers and they can't figure it out!

It's a vibration felt through the steering wheel at about 2000rpm at most speeds and all gears. I can make it more pronounced if I manually shift into 3rd gear and drive at 2000rpm. It's not noticable at Highway speed (70mph) and barley noticable parked. It definitely is more pronounced under load...going up hill.

They put some sort of vibration sensor on it and came up with 120hz frequency which then Ford told them to do TSB 11-09-17 to change the rear pinion angle. That did not get rid of the vibration. I've tried to tell them it makes more sense that it's engine related but of course they look at me like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I hoping someone here has some ideas as to what it could be.

It's a 2010 FX4 5.4L- 14,500 miles

Old 11-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe the first thing you should do is check out what exactly the local lemon law is in your area. This information might be quite valuable in the future.

You say it is noticeable when it is parked...... does it change at all when you but rev it up in park? Any chance you have access to some good strong chains, and something to chain it to? If you could SAFELY tie it back using the tow hitch, I wonder if it would do the same thing under the normal 2000 rpm load you were talking about. Process of elimination ya know......

Old 11-21-2011, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking along those lines to put a load on it, I was thinking I need to find a heavy trailer to tow.

As far as feeling it in park it's so slight the dealer can't feel it. I'm so tuned into it now is why I can feel it.

I hope they can find what's wrong. I really like this truck and hate to have to go down the lemon law road.

Quick Reply: Dealers can't figure out my vibration.