2009 - 2014 F-150

Black Aftermarket Grilles Pic Request

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Aftermarket Grilles Pic Request

I was just wondering what some people on here have being replacing their factory grilles with. I wanna have a blue/black theme, so if anybody can post some pics of black grille they have, and where u got it from/brand name, it would be greatly appreciated!

Old 11-22-2011, 01:22 PM

I'd like this as well. I know a lot use the ones on ebay, but which ones are good quality?

Old 11-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X2 I'm interested in this as well

Old 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM
i have the carriage works black grill insert. but i dont have pixs. HK2011FX4 has some on www.f150forum.com its the same grill i have and thats who i got the idea from.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:12 AM
Here are the cheap ebay ones my brother bought for his truck. I'm pretty sure both the vertical and horizontal bars are round and thin. I'm pretty sure you can see through his pretty easy and I have seen some others on here from ebay that have that same issue. I say "pretty sure" because he is in NC and I haven't seen them in person yet.

Here are the quality ones I bought from Precision Billet Grilles. My vertical bars are round but my horizontal bars are flat bar and are really nice quality and thickness. They don't bend unless you really make them bend. Mine are black with a machined polished face but I think they have all black too. Any part that looks wavy is just the eye playing tricks on the brain because of the reflection.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Milt IV
Here are the cheap ebay ones my brother bought for his truck. I'm pretty sure both the vertical and horizontal bars are round and thin. I'm pretty sure you can see through his pretty easy and I have seen some others on here from ebay that have that same issue. I say "pretty sure" because he is in NC and I haven't seen them in person yet.

Here are the quality ones I bought from Precision Billet Grilles. My vertical bars are round but my horizontal bars are flat bar and are really nice quality and thickness. They don't bend unless you really make them bend. Mine are black with a machined polished face but I think they have all black too. Any part that looks wavy is just the eye playing tricks on the brain because of the reflection.

Have you had any problems with warping? I had a billet grille on my old silverado and the bars warped. Not horribly, but enough to where I noticed. I will say that I live in AK, where the temps can reach down into the -50s and -60s. So, the heat of the motor blasting on a grille of that temp, and I could see why it warped. Anyway, just curious to see how yours was holding up.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
Have you had any problems with warping? I had a billet grille on my old silverado and the bars warped. Not horribly, but enough to where I noticed. I will say that I live in AK, where the temps can reach down into the -50s and -60s. So, the heat of the motor blasting on a grille of that temp, and I could see why it warped. Anyway, just curious to see how yours was holding up.
No I haven't had any problems with warping. I live in TX though. If it ever got to even 0 degrees here I might not survive.

Quick Reply: Black Aftermarket Grilles Pic Request