2009 - 2014 F-150

dealer service

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer service

I just had my 2010 f150 in for service.

vibration in pass seat.. no problem found..Due to stiff suspension. I do have lt tires 3.73ls rear. They said it is do to my 7050# gvwr.

slam in driveline when stopping.. could not duplicate. I drove service person around and it did not happen either. Expalined it happens when truck is cold. No matter what time of year it is. Like when I leave work for day. It will slam till parts are warmed up. I think I am going to lube it myself.

harsh 1 to 2 gear shift.. no problem found

condensation in tail lights. was none when brought in. Told them they were not the ones that came with truck, but ford part. Luck you told me because we can't warranty them.

Old 11-22-2011, 05:13 PM
For what it is worth, in the 2011 F150 manual, it states the condensation in the tail light( and other lights) is normal. It is because of the vents from the factory in them. My '11 did it from the day I got it and was a little concerned, but it dries up.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:11 PM
Yea, I told them there is holes with a blue sticker over them. Yes it does go away. It was just to document.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:23 AM
My drivers front seat shakes uncontrollably when it's vacant. I have to turn the stereo up quite loud to drown out the noise coming from the seat. There is no known fix. I also have numerous ghost rattles throughout the cab that drive me nuts. I also need to drop my truck off at the local (in town dealer) Ford service dept. for a continuous screech coming from my drivers front rotor that occurs when I apply the brake. There are two grooves starting to appear in the rotor with less than 11,000 miles on the odo.

I had my rt taillamp replaced under warranty for water intrusion. Other than that, my dealer service is worthless. I've had numerous additional issues with my wife's car and there's also the free black paint overspray on my Red F-150 that could not be explained by dealer service. And yes, I am always professional and courteous when I speak with the service dept.

I have worked as a service writer and manager in the past and their whole service department should be replaced. It's a good thing we received great deals on our trades/2011 vehicles. I have no future plans of returning to their dealership other than possibly sales. I have also stated this in writing to both FoMoCo and the dealership.

Sorry for the long post.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:18 AM

All ford parts come with a 12 month 12k mile warranty. At least that is what my dealer told me about the condensation in my harley taillights that I purchased to replace the chrome ones, they actually mentioned it to me. They said as long as they have the invoice they can warranty it and get me a new set (the other is foggy/cracked)

Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Blue07STX
My drivers front seat shakes uncontrollably when it's vacant. I have to turn the stereo up quite loud to drown out the noise coming from the seat. There is no known fix. I also have numerous ghost rattles throughout the cab that drive me nuts. I also need to drop my truck off at the local (in town dealer) Ford service dept. for a continuous screech coming from my drivers front rotor that occurs when I apply the brake. There are two grooves starting to appear in the rotor with less than 11,000 miles on the odo.

I had my rt taillamp replaced under warranty for water intrusion. Other than that, my dealer service is worthless. I've had numerous additional issues with my wife's car and there's also the free black paint overspray on my Red F-150 that could not be explained by dealer service. And yes, I am always professional and courteous when I speak with the service dept.

I have worked as a service writer and manager in the past and their whole service department should be replaced. It's a good thing we received great deals on our trades/2011 vehicles. I have no future plans of returning to their dealership other than possibly sales. I have also stated this in writing to both FoMoCo and the dealership.

Sorry for the long post.
I have one of those amazing dealer service departments too! I take my 2011 XLT 4X4 Eco 3.73 in for poorer fuel economy than advertised (16.5 hwy, 16.4 lifetime), twice I'm told it is getting great fuel economy (18.5hwy) though they can't repeat it with me in the truck. I ask them to disable the belt minder like it says in the owners manual, they tell me it is against federal law to disable the belt minder. I tell them there is alot of soot on the exhaust tip, they say it's normal, just wipe it off. So I took the free first oil change from them, and will not spend another nickel with them again.

Old 11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I have noticed the E10 blend fuels tend to leave more soot in the tailpipes.

Old 11-24-2011, 01:35 PM

It might be against the law for a dealer to disable it, but its pretty simple to do yourself. Take you two minutes.

Quick Reply: dealer service