2009 - 2014 F-150

A sad, sad day......

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW, good luck with that...

Old 11-23-2011, 06:18 PM
I hope you meant wife and not girlfriend. So what is she sacrificing to get what she wants out of this deal? I hate to intrude with my opinion but it sounds like she is playin' you. Did you sign on her car note? I hope not because that would be stupid

Old 11-23-2011, 06:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is crazy.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:54 PM
I guess I should have been more specific. I will be keeping the car as my daily driver, she will not have a vehicle when she goes to school. She will not be keeping the car. We cofinanced both vehicles and split the payments, so while it was "hers", it was really ours. She has financial aid lined up to handle her school expenses. I kept the car as it gives me more financial flexibility in the event that I lose my income or she needs some help if her aid falls through. While I (greatly) appreciate the outpouring of support and advice, I can assure you I am by no means mortgaging my life and watching her walk out with the proceeds. I am hedging my bets and preparing for a worst case scenario. You know what they say-hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gerrard155
I guess I should have been more specific. I will be keeping the car as my daily driver, she will not have a vehicle when she goes to school. She will not be keeping the car. We cofinanced both vehicles and split the payments, so while it was "hers", it was really ours. She has financial aid lined up to handle her school expenses. I kept the car as it gives me more financial flexibility in the event that I lose my income or she needs some help if her aid falls through. While I (greatly) appreciate the outpouring of support and advice, I can assure you I am by no means mortgaging my life and watching her walk out with the proceeds. I am hedging my bets and preparing for a worst case scenario. You know what they say-hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Understandable. Makes more sense now.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:08 PM
You got played .. plain and simple. That's ok my man, we all had to learn the hard way. Just please make sure you learn from this.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Good luck man, sounds like a tough situation. I hope you two can make it.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Woman are crazy....end of story.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
I commend you on sacrificing for the one you love. It's good that she goes after what she wants rather than always wanting and never reaching.

None here know the girl or what she does for you inside ...
... and $5000 is nothing in "the grand scheme of life" ...
... and they make thousands of trucks.

The lots are full of them down here.

I would never have been in that same spot myself though. I met my wife, courted her, and we got married before setting up to play house so had we been faced with that decision, it would have been as a married couple and all that goes with it. Not a moral judgement, but marriage carries all sorts of committments with it.

And besides, if she meets someone else, then you just got out cheap. I mean .... if the truck is what you miss?

If she's what you miss, and if it's a mutual thing of sufficient strength, all will be "A-OK"!

Last edited by tbear853; 11-23-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:47 PM
that makes more sense

Old 11-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I fear a whole lot of "I told you so's" coming in the future. The out of state thing is the deal breaker. A different city a hundred miles away is enough to drastically change things. Changing states is major trouble brewing. I've heard this song before, and it has never turned out good.

For a little comical relief, but it may not ease any fears you have, you-tube search "before he cheats parody" and check out some of the funny stuff people have come up with.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:26 PM
I am definitely aware that a long distance relationship is by no means a guaranteed thing, but it is something that I am least willing to try. And as was mentioned before, she and I have been together for close to 5 years, living together for 4. I love her very much and would do anything to make her happy. The only reason we have not gotten married is because I get free tuition so long as I remain single. Otherwise, it would cost me tens of thousands of dollars for school every year. I loved my old truck, but there are some things that are just more important.

Old 11-24-2011, 03:46 AM
is she that good in the sack that you would give up your truck? are you wrapped around her pinkie or what. dude you need your man card pulled!

Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by blueovelboy
is she that good in the sack that you would give up your truck?
deal breaker for me. If she doesn't like my land cruiser then i no longer like her

Old 11-24-2011, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by 06yz250f
so let me get this straight.

Sold your truck.
She kept her new car.
She moves out of state.
She takes car?

I don't know about others, but i would NEVER pay for a gf to keep up her lifestyle if she isn't working. Good for her, but it's not your job as a bf to fund it. If she was your wife that's another thing but damn this might sound selfish but my truck, my money, she can drive a schwinn bicycle if that's all she can afford until were married.

edit: sorry if that sounds mean, hope you get back in a new truck soon. You do deserve it for making a huge sacrifice for her and i hope she does realize that.
Totally agree..... from experience once you pay the degree poof she is gone... dont need ya anymore...... now you want to marry me i will think about it.... but a just a gf...... I DONT THINK SO
JMHO

Quick Reply: A sad, sad day......