2009 - 2014 F-150

Recomend me a black Billitt grill

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recomend me a black Billitt grill

In the market for a black billitt grill for my truck. Been looking at the Carriage Works or T-rex but was wondering how well they hold up. The billit grill I have on my 04 the paint is peeling off....Any help will be great.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have Precision Billet Grilles on my truck. Before I bought mine I did a lot of research and found out that Precision has more horizontal bars than most of the other brands. This means you can't see through the grille as well. My horizontal bars are also flat bar rather than round bar. I think the flat bar looks better and it is definitely stronger. Most of the ebay ones have small round horizontal bars. Mine are black with a machine polished face but I think they offer all black too.

Old 11-24-2011, 02:34 AM
I have the trex powdercoated black grille. plan on repainting it the first time you go the car wash or leave it in the Sun. powdercoating is very susceptible to chemicals. it wont fall off but it will turn flat black or white. with that said, its a very well built grille. if you look at your frame or suspension after it gets some age on it you'll see what in talking about, with the fading.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Couldnt find a Precision Grille in black so this brings my choices down. Very suprised that the Trex fades on you after a pass in the car wash...I have a car wash one block from me and its all I use to wash the vehichles......

Quick Reply: Recomend me a black Billitt grill